"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
i'm um genius...
Last week was a tough one. I actually had to WORK (gasp, choke), I was a lil stressed over this math stuff and Friday I came down with a stomach flu (or some sickness that caused me to think I was going to die with my head in the toilet).

But I did manage to get some help with my mathtardness. I had lots of people offer answers to the problems a couple posts earlier, and to you I say
"Bite Me".

Answers don't help the mathtarded! Do we need special legislation?! Then there were the few that wanted to try to get something out of my down falls, "So, do you want me to answer these? Is there some sort of prize?" and to you I say
"If you want free money, go play THE HAMMER".

And then there were the angels of math, coming to my rescue. And to you I say
"We placed into Math 101 baybee!"

That's right. I pwn math (with the help of friends). It was a bit scary tho. When I got to the placement testing I was handed a review quiz before I started and here were a couple of the questions on the quiz:
Three people who work full time are to work together on a project, but their total time on the project is to e dquivalent to that of only one person working full time. If one of the people is budgeted for one-half of his time to the project and a second person for one-third of her time, what pert of the third worker's time should be budgeted to this project?
A. 13
B. 35
C. 16
D. 18

That's right folks. We are solving for a fraction and none of the options are fractions! Now how the hell am I supposed to answer that? I even went and complained about this one. Total BS.

(3x-2y)2=
A. 9x2-4y2
B. 9x2+4y2
C. 9x2+4y2-6xy
D. 9x2+4y2-12xy

And, NO, the 2 after the parentheses is not ^2... it is TWO!

So now I was getting pretty nervous and knew I was bound to bomb. I asked to take the Math section first to get it over with. I got thru the first section pretty easily. It was pretty basic stuff that J had helped me review this past week and I was able to finish it pretty quickly. In fact there were only 3 questions on this part that gave me trouble:
What percent of x is 20% of 110% of x?
A. 2.2
B. 5.5
C. 22
D. 55

I guessed 2.2, cause that may as well be hieroglyphs.
How many fifts are there in 3.6?
A. 180
B. 18
C. 7.2
D. 0.72

This one I tried to be rational, seems like an easy question, but for some reason it stumped me. I figured I need to make some kind of fraction and divide, but I went with this reasoning '1/5 goes into 3, 15 times...' so I went with B.
If 40 is 20% of a number then the number is what percent of 40?
A. 500%
B. 200%
C. 80%
D. 20%

I did some kind of made up math to try to figure this one out. My answer to my fake problem had a 5 in it, so I went with 500%.

Then onto the 2nd section... which was ALGEBRA! ewwwwwww. Many more on this section stumped me. There were ALOT of things that weren't even on the practice tests. For example
8z^2+cz+35=(4z+7)(2z+5) solve for c
A. 7
B. 14
C. 28
D 34

No comment.
And tons of problems like this, that I had no clue about. All worded the same way just different equations.
Which of the following is equal to x^2-5x+6?
A. (x-2)(x-3)
B.. (x-2)(x+3)
C. (x+6)(x-1)
D. (x-6)(x+1)

I mean they don't even give good stuff to guess from!! I went with C on this particular one.

And my favorite of the entire test:
Tara made x/y dollars baby sitting. Joe made x-y/y dollars. Lynn made 2/3 as much as Tara. If they pool their money together, how much will they have?
A. 8x-3/y
B. 2x/y -1
C. 5x-1/y
D. 8x/3y -1

I guessed B.

Now for all of you that aren't completely bored with this post yet there's more!! After the Math sections I looked back to check on my friend Heather and she wasn't at her seat. After doing so awful on that second section I thought I was doomed, and I still had to take the English sections before I could see how I scored. Since I could take a break whenever I wanted I decided to go out of the testing area and check on her. She only had to take the Math portions. She was finished and had recieved her scores and told me she only had to take the first section. Which was good news for me! Because that meant you only took a 2nd section if you did well enough on the first! So now I was a bit excited.

I got thru the English in about 20 minutes for 3 sections and of course my scores showed I should take honors English classes. Just a lil note to all of you that think I'm an all around idiot!!

But of course for every victory there is a challenge that awaits. I found out after my testing when I went to register for my classes, that because of the ONE QUARTER of classes I took at Sinclair TEN YEARS AGO (that's right 1996) and I withdrew from, I'M ON ACADEMIC PROBATION. Which means I can't register for any of my classes with out a signature from a counselor. Might not sound like a big deal, but it also means if I want classes, I have to first wait in line for a counselor and 2nd wait in line to register. And the one class that's full? When a space opens in it, I have to go do it all over again.

Ah yes, now I remember why I hated school so much.

Labels: ,

 
posted by t at 8:46 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The question on the test should have read ...How many shots of a fifth will T get if there is only 3.6 liters left?
    A. 180 (We wish)
    B. 18 (damn you have some tolerance!!!)
    C. 7.2 (not enough to dance)
    D. 0.72 (cheep-ass bartender)

    You keep me smiling!! Luv Kimberly

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger IlliniFan97

    That's gotta be a ^2 with the answer on the second problem. That makes D right.

    c = 34, so D.

    A on the one you answered C.

    D on the last one. Guess you should have called me for a review?

    :-P