"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Day Two..

My first day of play...

I took notes all day and I will share them with you!

Men the Master is at my table, and another guy I recognize but dont know his name. I found out later his name is Victor Vellereal (sp of last name?). He was a very nice guy.

Guy to my right is a DONKEY.. heehaw.. and when I say donkey I mean the guy really didnt know how to play the game.

Men started off playing alot of pots.

I got K8c OTB and called a limped pot, limper tried to bet into it, I called, he checked turn so I bet and took it away.

First idiot mistake I made, donkey on right limps into pot (blinds 25/50) but he threw in one black chip (100) I look down and AQh and wanted to raise it up, glanced at his black chip and made it 350 to go!! LOL the two pros looked at me funny, but I didnt wanna let on that I had made a mistake and everone folded. It was Mens BB.

Theres something about MM folding his BB to your raise, its envigorating!

This is what I mean by donkeys at the table... Victor had been playing really solid, anyone paying attention would know that. He raises pf to 4.5x and gets one caller. To make a long story short there was a lot of betting and raising... this dude that called him had 23o and was just trying to run a bluff I suppose, but the board was fugly for that.


I folded the panger twice.

Victor and donkey got in a hand, they both checked the flop, donkey checked turn and victor bet big, donkey calls, this is where I got my first read, Victor swallowed soooo big! he was not happy. they both ended up checking the river and the donkey won, of course.

ESPN cams come over to film Men, its weird when they do this cause they just stand there. I told Men "They are waiting for you to say something funny" and he gave me a dirty look.

There were 3 donkeys at my table, and of course they were lucky as hell, about 8 times between them they rivered sets, calling down boards full of overcards. It was sick. Men and Victor were very vocal about it.

There were 5 strong players at my table. Myself (seat 8) a hottie brit (10) Victor (1) Men (3) and a young guy in seat 5. The Donkeys were in seat 6, 7 and 9. Thats right, two to my right and one to my left. It was a good feeling to get respect from the better players at the table.

At one point the donkey on my right who was the worst of them, had riverd a set of 9s against victor, the next hand men pwned him on this hand...

After a flop of 9d6s2c with 4K in the pot, Men 'The Master' Nguyen checked, his opponent bet 1K, and Nguyen called. The turn card was the 8s, Nguyen bet 3K, and his opponent called. The river card was the 10c, Nguyen bet 3K, and his opponent called. The players showed:

Men Nguyen 8c6c
Opponent Ks9h

Men Nguyen won the 18K pot with two pair (eights and sixes).




I checed T8c in the bb and tried to take it on flop.. didnt work.

Seat 4 was an average player, he was too predictable is why I call him average. He was a cont better, so I could usually call his flop bet and take it away on the turn, I did this several times.

This player raised it up in the co and the donk in the bb calls. the flop comes 822, he bets, donk raises, he goes all in, donk calls. He has A2 donk has K2... and 8 came on river to chop the pot.

Men made fun of me taking notes "What you writing over there? He has a 6, he has a 3?" I said "You should see what I wrote about you... good shit" he laughed.

I laid 77 utg.

Played KTo in postition w a small pot. I took it down on turn to same cont bet guy. Cept this time when I went to call his bet on flop, I acted like I was getting out more chips for a raise, and then just called it!.. that was fun.

my first cbl.. utg +1.. i folded it.

Small pot w QJd, raised it up in MP and took it down.

Folded KQd utg.

Folded J8o in MP to a raise. The raiser ended up having AA and Victore played the pot. The pot got really big and I woulda flopped the nut straight.. grrr.

I limped into a pot after 3 other limpers w JTs, and didnt hit.

I went into first break with about 10,250, more chips than both pros.

2nd round...

i came back a little late from break, I get to my seat and youll never guess who is standing at my chair watching my table... NORMAN FUCKING CHAD. I couldnt get to my seat so I come up behind him and say "Its your third ex wife, now get out of my seat" he laughed and turned around and said "you had me worried for a second" I sat down and said "you have no idea how much fun we have making fun of you, but its all in good fun" he laughed and started a little small talk asking if it was my first ME and such. LOL norman chad.. what a db.

I folded 66 oop to Mens raise, flop came AA9, Men bet and showed his Ace.

I folded da panger, board came Q22T9.

AT in CO, lost the pot.

Donk raised and I looked down and KK. I pry made a mistake here, but I just flat called. My plan was to suck him in and win a big hand. The flop came A high all clubs. I had the K of clubs. He only bet out 200 chips so I called. Turn came a blank, he checked I bet, he called. Flop came a blank, I knew this guy wouldnt lay down his Ace so I checked and he took it w his AJ.

I went really card dead for awhile.

Then I got AsAh in mp. The donkey to my right limped in as usual. I raised 3x, it folded back around to the donkey and he called. Flop came K high with 3 spades (K53) He checked I bet, he called. Turn came 4c. He checked I bet he called. River came 2c. He checked I bet, he called. He had K4d for two pair. I had made the wheel on river. 2k pot. He was all upset, I said "Thats what K4 sooooted will do to ya"

Omg there goes Gavin Smith!

3rd round...

Funny hand, I called a raise w AKo, 4 players to the flop, checked to the river and I won!

I made a mistake shortly after and raised a pot w AJo out of position. I lost the pot.

Then came Mens KK hand and he busts a player that moves all in on him w flush draw. I was glad to see this kid go, he was a good player.

I checked J8d in the BB when donk on right limped in his sb. Flop came 6c7h8c, he check I bet , he calls of coz. Turn came 9c. He bet I folded.

Called otb two hands later with T7o against same guy and took it down with a check raise when I flopped top pair and donkey bet.

Men came over and took my napkin!

I got a read on MM for anyone who is interested. Watch him from now on. When he raises he does one of two things, looks around the room, or watches each player. He looks around the room when he has a strong hand.

We have 2 new ppl at the table, one gal in a Party poker shirt and a young guy that looks like wil wheaton.

Chirs Ferguson just sat down behind me.

Im still card dead so I steal with THE HAMMER 72s.

The guy to my left is a dickhead old guy. He keeps pushing on my hands when Im looking at my cards telling me I dont have my blind out or something and hes always wrong. I told him to keep his hands to himself.

One guy limps and I look down at 3Jd, raise it up and take it down!! Thats for all you effers.

I go into break with 10,750. I had a lil over 11k as they called for dinner break and I was in the BB. People start folding and getting up when the button raises and I look down at 55 and call. Flop comes KJJ he bets I fold. grr.

On dinner break I met up with Dekker. Great guy. Dave and I were eating and he came over and we chatted and hit starbucks after.

4th round...

They started side games at the empty tables.

The strong players at my table started out stealing after break, we each took a turn. I had 39o on my turn.

The donk on my right kept limping utg and in ep. He started getting mad as we took turns re raising him. It was funny.

Men the masta was starting to get pissed at these guys.

TABLE CHANGE!! 47 SEAT 8

I didnt like my new table at first, I got re raised my first to raise attempts. So an orbit later I decided to make a stand when I flopped bottom pair out of my BB. I bet out and got raised, so I re raised and took it down.

This is when my card rush started. Not that I had that great of hands, but it was just workin out. AJ otb, took it. AQ in the CO, took it. (antes had started so this was a good deal) Then guy two seats to my right raises it up to 1k. Blinds were 100/200 ante 25. I look down at AA. I knew people would think I was crazy after winning 3 hands in a row so I raised 3x, everyone folded but raiser who called. Flop came all low. He checked to me and I bet 4k, he had about 7k left. He thought and thought and thought and thought and finally pushed in with JJ. I was up to 26k.

After this the table wasnt happy with me and I felt attacked again. I raised with QK and got re raised, then I raised with 78c and got re raised. I laid it down both times, altho the 78c I think was a mistake because I thought the raiser was on the button. Bad thing about live play, its not always clear, altho the button looked to be in front of him it wasnt and I would of had postioin here, had I realize this I would have called.

I watched them drag out a drunk player.

I went into break with about 24k. I was thrilled about this. My goal for the day was to double up, but there was still a long way to go. 2 rounds, 4 hours.

5th round...

I went into this round planning on making a bit of a stand to this guy that kept re raising me. Unfortunately I had bad timing. I woke up with TT first hand back and raised, fully intending on calling a re raise from him. Which he did and I did. I think this was a mistake on my part, because now I was only thinking of what I had and not putting him on any kind of hand.

The board came all low, I had an overpair, I checked hoping to checkraise but he checked behind me. The blinds were 150/300 ante 25, I had raised to 1k and he reraised to 3k so the pot was around 6700. The turn came another low card and I bet out 4k. He thinks and tinks and thinks and calls. The river came another nothing, I think it put a str8 on the board but I wasnt really worried about it. The pot was not 13700, and I bet out 6k. I really thought I had the best hand here, but he thought for over a minute and called with QQ. So I lost a big pot here and was down to around 11k.

The next hand the same guy calls someones allin on an A high flop with A5. Alliner had AK and dude got lucky to split the pot. sigh.

Theres a dickhead two seats to my left. An older guy that thinks hes smarter than everyone else. He keeps bitching bout how Im stacking my chips and how Im placing my bets out on the table. vv/e db.

I folded alot after this, got down to under 10k. I raised w 33 and took the blinds/antes. Then went card dead for over an hour. When there are blinds and antes and Im getting played back at every hand I try to play I decided to be conservative and let these guys make new enemies.

At one point I raised w 55 and got one caller, a novice player. Flop came A high and I threw out a cont bet, he raised, i folded. I was down to 6200.

I picked up KK with mr re raise in the bb. I was excited hoping hed go over the top and the FUCKER FOLDED! 6800

I checked A8s in the BB after a few limpers and the flop came A high I check raised it and took it down. 7850

I raised with AJo to 1100. The dickhead that was giving me a hard time bout my chips called me. I flopped top 2 and checked it to him, he bet 2k and I pushed in. 11,500.

Heres a hand of note I wasnt in, just to show you how the play was .. how bad it was. There was a young kid sitting in seat 2. Cute kid that was a solid player. If you were paying attn at all you knew he was only playing class 1 and 2 hands. 3 players to flop, it came A high all hearts. Agg guy to my right bets, novice in seat one calls, and kid in seat 2 raises. Agg guy thinks and thinks and thinks then calls, seat one calls. turn comes a blank. Agg guy bets again! Stupid guy in seat one calls AGAIN! and kid in seat two pushes in! OK, it was obvious this kid had the flush. And the agg player thinks and thinks and thinks for about 2-3 minutes and folds. The novice in 1 calls and turns up two pair A6 (top and bottom) kid turns up KQh.. duh!!

I went into break with 11,500, not great but I was ok with it.

6th round...

I didnt realize what a big factor exhaustion would play into this thing. I totally underestimated it. Its a huge factor. By the 6th round the entire room is yawning and ppl are falling asleep at the table. I was glad I had my sunglasses on, as my eyes were shutting quite a bit.

Blinds 200/400 antes 50

I was in the sb, when meanie raised UTG to 2400, it folded to me and I had AKc. I started to raise and realized a 3x raise was most of my stack so I pushed in. He folded JJ face up. Dumbass.

Raised UTG w AQ.. took it.

And this was the big hand that sent me under...

Agg kid raises his button, Im in bb with KdQs and I call. Flop comes AdJd9h. I check, he checks. Turn comes 7d. Now, this kid is an agg player, I know if he had the flush draw he would of bet it. So, I have the nut flush draw and 10 for broadway so I decide to bet it. The pot was 3100 and I bet 2k. He raises me for 2k more. Now the pot is 7k, and I have to call a 2k raise. Im getting 3.5 to 1 on my call and I have approx 12 outs so I call. Not to mention I KNEW he didnt have the flush, I figured he had A high and was trying to see where he was. This is where exhaustion came into play for me. Dekker and I discussed it, and we both thought that pushing in here instead of calling was the right play for me. Since I knew 100% this guy did NOT have the flush, it would have been a tough call for him to make. I flat called thinking Id take it away from him on river. Of course I hit a blank on river and bet 6k, could only win if I bet since I had him on the A. He fucking called me with A5. It was sick and I was down to 4300 AIOF.

Pushed w Q8 out of sb. 4200
Pushed w ATo in co. 5075
Limped out of sb after two limpers w the panger and she was no good to me.
Folded ATo OTB to a tight raiser.
KQ utg +1 took it 4800
Checked my BB flop came Q99 and A high took the pot, I should have taken it as an omen on the flop and bet it!

So I ended the day with 4050 in chips. Severely short stacked as blinds will be up on Tuesday.
I have some more details about turney Id like to talk about, but Im still exhausted and need a nap!!

TTFN









 
posted by t at 2:29 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good job, T. Been watching the Card Player listings and they just put up the 1B results a bit ago. Sounds like you played your game and played like a pro. Enjoy the next couple days.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good going Khan. You survived Day 1, everything from here on out is gravy.

    Yeah I know given a choice between short-stack and chip leader you would go with chip leader, but short stack makes the decision process a whole lot easier -- push or don't play.

    Good luck, everyone on the Forum is rooting for you.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lynx56

    Remind me not to try to bluff you :).
    Nice work!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Very Well Done, Madam!

    Just sittin' around with the pros, taking turns stealing the blinds... priceless.

    Just keep in mind what the others at your table on Tuesday will "assume" about any hand you play since you are the short stack, and use that to your advantage, T!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger jlzinck

    Nekkid aggression on TUesday. 2 double up's and you're gold.

    Nice playing. Get there Tueaday!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger SmBoatDrinks

    Congrats again T!

    You made it to Day "2". Now your goal is to make it to Day 3 via a couple of double-ups.

    May the cards be with you!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    PS: You are now officially better than:

    Mike "the Mouth" Matusow
    Phil Gordon
    Mark Seif
    Sam Farha
    Jennifer Harmon
    "Minneapolis" Jim Meehan
    Antonio Esfandiari
    Steve Dannenmann
    T.J. Cloutier
    etc.

    ...all of whom are busted out!