"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Oh the horror...
For those of you who don't know, I'm an insurance agent. Well kinda. Well I mean, I am, but I'm trying not to be. If you see what I'm saying... see?

OK, so the crappay part about working in insurance is that it is all regulated by laws that vary from state to state. Although they stay pretty similar in each state there are differences. In Ohio we have to do Continuing Education (CE) credits every two years that total 20 credits. It isn't something I look forward to because it costs money (a lot of it) and because it is just a bunch of crap. I mean if these courses gave useful information that would be sweet. But no. It's a bunch o crappe.

But this year as I waded thru what seemed to be a never ending series of crap questions, I got this screen:
It made me laugh. Not to mention it was in Homeowners Insurance, which BTW I'm not even licensed in. GG Ohio.
(disclaimer: this picture will only be funny to the weirdos I play poker with, all others may ignore)

Last night Joe was on the phone with one of my friends attempting to help her with a computer issue. He was out in the garage of course, cause he can smoke out there. At one point he comes in the house with the phone in his hand, but stretched out towards me "The phone is beeping what do I do?"... I just look at him..."I mean there's another call, how do I answer it?"

No Comment.

I do be diggin the schoolness, for the most part. My typography class however is kickin my ass. It is a bit difficult to explain by typing it out. First, for those of you that dont know, you should look at what typograpy is:
Typography is the art and technique of setting written subject matter in type using a combination of typefaces, point size, line length, leading (line spacing) and letter spacing.

ty wikipedia

So one would assume (especially after reading the syllabus for the class) my professor would be teaching us the characteristics of type/fonts, how to measure and enlarge them, how to distinguish them, set them, and generally use them for a purpose... say, the PROJECT WE ARE DOING?? But OH CONTRAIRE MON FRERE (yes I know that's spelled wrong, it was on purpose Anal person) my prof has decided NOT to teach us any of the actual typography tools we need to do our project (despite the syllabus) and just be really vague, but somehow sound smart at the same time. Oh ya, and did I mention the project requires drawing?

Fraking artsy fartsy people.

So, I'm supposed to take this:


Turn it into this: (which I got help from a friend on, ty Sheila)


Then SKETCH the photo out on tracing paper FOUR times in different sizes each time, trying to sketch out the light, dark and grey aspects of the photo, which I will be transforming into fonts this weekend. Which in and of itself is gonna be hell. Now if you still don't understand wtf I'm talking about, you are not alone. My entire class is still confused.

I'll be sure to get a scan of my final project so you can see what I'm talking about, and make fun of me.

Ok, what else....

This guy's site is fraking amazing if you haven't seen it yet. He makes these spectacular fractal images for your desktop. I would give you an example, but you reall need to see it all and take it in. If you click on one to download, you will notice it asks for a username and pw. But don't fret. Just cancel out of the pw screen and it will take you to the "terms of use" page that you have to agree to, and then he will give you the daily password.

The World Series of Poker 2007 schedule is finally out, for those who are interested. Looks like a nice little line up.

And if you're just bored, I have a lil sumthin sumthin for you too.

Yes, I got up way too early this morning. Something is wrong with me. But I now hear little stinky butt's waking, so blog time is over.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by t at 6:12 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: