"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
and when I say madhouse...
I mean madhouse. This place had 10 registers with lines to the back of the store at each one. I was so glad I had called ahead and had my books paid for and waiting for me.

I find the pick up area, ring the little bell and the attendant hands me a pile of books with a big yellow note on it that says "NOT PAID". I'm all like "WTF?!" and she's all like "The line's like right there" and I'm all like "WTF?!"

And, I get in line.

I get caught up in a few stupid conversations, during my hour wait. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be, and then I start to wonder if I sound that stupid when people overhear me. HMMMM.

My line was actually in an aisle that had a couple things I needed for school, so I added them to my pile. Then FINALLY I get up to the register. The books were beginning to get heavy, so I sat them on the check out counter as soon as I could reach it and a gal, about my age standing behind me says something about one of the classes I'm taking. She said she enjoyed it (the typography class I go to later today).

Then it's my turn. Now, mind you I had gotten an email from the financial aid department over a week ago that my funds (over six thousand of them) were avaliable and ready to be used. But, you guessed it, he runs my Tartan Card thru and it says "insufficient funds" so I have him do it again and the same result. After standing in line for over an hour, I decided to just pay for the damn books and get my money back later. When I walk out of the store I call the fin aid dept to see WTF is going on and they tell me the store was wrong yada yada I'd have to come get a refund.

When I get home later that day (at 5pm mind you and my class was over at 12:45) I have a message on the machine from the bookstore saying the books WERE paid for BEFORE I picked them up and I had waited in line for over an hour for NO reason and had shelled out $200 of my own money for no reason. Thanks bookstore. I <3 u too.

So, that's it, my first day of school in all it's glory.

Now I'm sitting in a computer lab where I'm supposed to be researching Jon Bon Jovi for a 2D design class. Ya, I don't get it either. I mean she gave us an hour and there is only so much information out there on Mr. Jovi. I think I may go with a topic of his recent humanitarianism, but I'd rather do something on hair bands or the 80's. Hmm, maybe hairspray or hair gel, so many choices. We will see how it goes. Besides, I have no idea what I'm doing so it should be fun.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 1:00 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger gadzooks64

    What? No nude Jon Bon Jovi?

    Dayum...

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kate

    Man, do you know how to have a good time or what?

    I'd do the "Moonlight Valentino" Bon Jovi or whatever that movie was. Just for the obscurity.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    mmmm typography. SLAB serifs my fave name pry.

    I might think about one of two:
    minor leagues and families vs. major leagues and corporations.

    too heavy. maybe i do Why Minnesotans still think Living on a Prayer is the best song ever.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    counters, x-heights, serifs. i'm getting excited.