"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
I still got it.

That's right my bad luck follows me to this day.

I leave for school early yesterday because I wanted to stop by the bookstore and pick up my books before class. When I arrive at the parking garage it is closed off with police outside telling people to go to another lot. So I follow directions, until I found myself in a 1/2 mile back up on the 5th street bridge. So, instead of sitting in the non moving line I decide to hang a Uey in the middle of the bridge and go find myself some street parking.

I find some new meters where a cop is pulling off the "No Parking By Police Order" bags they put over them... BINGO! I even have a crap load of quarters, and it's a FOUR HOUR METER! Ok, so that was a bit of good luck. When I get out of the car tho, I realize, I have no idea where building 13 is. As I grab my bag out of the car I look up and see bldg 12, NICE I must be close, and I realize I parked right in front of the building!

The only bad part was that after all the confusion, I was no longer early enough to go grab my books. I had parked right in front of my class, but at least a 15 minute walk to the bookstore. So I decide to just head in and find my class. When I open the doors I see a big sticker that says "WIFI SPOT" woooot and I have 15 mins to check it out!! Three access points later and I can check my gmail. Suhweetness.

I head into class and find a seat near an outlet for the laptop and the class starts filling up, and yes, I'm one of the oldest people there. Well, besides one guy and the professor, the three of us look about the same age.

School has changed so much since I went last. The prof starts to write his contact info on the board (dry erase board not chalk board). It takes him over 5 minutes to get it all up there. Name, room, office hours, email, website, AIM nick, WAIT AIM NICK?? hahaha I got a huge chuckle out of this. In fact he didn't even list a phone number, until later when he was going over the info and realized someone might want his phone number.

But, not much went on in class, a little talking but mostly just info on the fist day:

VIS114-IDT 01/02/07
Class Notes
Adam J Thompson
Adam.thompson7572@sinclair.edu
Office 13-212C
Mon/Wed 1-2:!5
Tues/Thurs 2:30-3:45
Web: vis.adamjthompson.com
AIM: sinclairadamt
Phone: 937-512-2771
Prefers to be called Mr. Thompson or Professor Thompson
No first name basis
My.sinclair.edu
Very little printed material, he puts it all online.
Computer lab around corner.- second floor print credits etc
Hes a geek too, email best contact.

IDT = everything you need to do BEFORE you start a project- planning a project
Ie: blueprints to a house except for digital media or web design
Interactive Digital Media

And that's it. Boring eh?


Class ends promptly so I ditch the bag and head over to the bookstore. It is a MADHOUSE on the first day of classes of course....

Ugh Ive lost track of time, more later.....

Labels:

 
posted by t at 9:44 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oops, my bad; it's FLOAT like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

    Sorry, I thought you were asking WHO said it, not what WHAT he actually said (because, um, that's what you asked) and somehow my hyper-boo-boo sense didn't tingle to alert me of your faux pas.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger t

    men

    i thought you were one of the smart ones.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh did I say that out loud?

    Word verification: klstmcia (yes, really). I believe this is Czech for "bureaucrats suck".