"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
the great car fiasco...
So, I promised I'd get around to posting this and here it is.

When Joe got laid off it brought up a car issue. Joe drove a company car, so we decided to sell off our Jimmy to get rid of a car payment and insurance payment and save ourselves $300 a month rather than get gas costs reimbursed thru his pay. So, naturally when he was laid off, we were short a car.

We decided to hold off till he landed something to buy a little junker that would get him to work and back. But, when he did land something I started looking immediately, because I was left at home with no car till we did. My mom had suggested an auto auction so I decided to try one of those out. I got online, found out there was one the next day. So, I did my research on the cars avaliable and headed to the auction.

This story could take hours to type out so here is the short version:
  • the women running the office at the auction were evil.
  • I bid on the wrong car
  • I left with a 1995 PURPLE Chevy Cavalier with 148k miles on it, no radio, a cracked windsheild and it wouldn't start.
  • I go to get 30 day tags and it only took 3 trips (with no tags on the car, and couldnt shut the car off cause I couldnt start it again)
  • dropped it off to get the starter fixed, found out theres no way Joe can drive this car an hour each way to work because of an engine problem
  • buy a Honda the next day after test driving it for 30 mins w NO probs NO sounds etc etc except noticing it needs new tires.
  • drive the honda to my moms that night to pick up annas backpack and the exhaust pipe falls off.
  • driving the chevy to go get fixed I get stuck at a gas station with the kids in the car when it won't start again after getting gas.
  • Joe rescues me.
  • We have a car for sale.
3k later I now have two shitty cars and one is for sale. All in all it was a good weekend, dontcha think?

Labels:

 
posted by t at 10:28 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    God's little way of getting even for voting Democrat.