"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
owl snot...
My girls had their "snow sense" on this morning. You know the 6th sense only children have that it snowed over night that makes them awake at the butt crack of dawn. It turned out to be a good thing, cause when I looked over to see how mean I needed to be to them (mommy mean factor increases for each 10 minutes of sleep loss) I saw I had neglected to set my alarm. Of course Maya informed me of the snow while I was taking my morning pee, cause well, that's when I get all of my children's "important" info.

I looked outside and saw it was just a little bit of snow and wasn't worried about it much. I didn't even bother to turn on the TV to see if school was delayed. Once we finished the morning routine and headed out in the pimp mo mini van, I realized that may have been a mistake. It didn't take long before I was sliding all over the place.

Every intersection was a cluster f#%k of traffic everyones inner bhavinio was coming out. The salt trucks had obviously not anticipated any amount of snow because I didn't see any evidence of them being out. At one point while driving approximately 10mph on a 4 lane road, the car in front of me started to swirve into the other lane, unfortunately there was a car there who's driver decided it would be better to slow down that to get out of the swirving car's way. Which caused all the traffic behind (yes that's me) to have to put on the brake's and start to swirve as well. Seems when the first snow comes, as small as it may be, everyone forgets how to drive in the snow.

Every school bus we saw was stuck in its tracks, on the side of the road, or on the road, it didn't matter. When they came to a stop they couldn't get going again because the roads were slicker than owl snot. (and can you believe I can't find a link to what owl snot is?!?!)

I was able to get my chillin's dropped off safely and saw my mom (who is the school nurse for my daughters campuses) at Anna's school. So I pulled in and had a chat with her since she isn't usually at Anna's school on Thursday's. She said it was so bad out she couldn't make it the extra 3 miles to the campus she was supposed to be at, so she decided to just make it to Anna's campus. And, I believed her, because it was really that bad out.

On my way home I saw 13 cars stuck on the side of the road and 8 school busses. When I got closer to my house, there was a school bus and a mini van wedged together between a light pole. No major damage because everyone was driving so slow, but you could tell they had just slid into that spot. Weird. And a guy that had gotten out to help couldn't even walk on the road! I saw him slip and fall on his bottom 3 times.

I did my good deeds for the day and stopped to see if a few people needed any help, but everything was under control and I kept trekkin home. I arrived at my last intersection, a 4 way stop, going a massive 5-10 MPH and when I came to a stop I slid right thru the intersection. Now THAT'S how you get your right of way! One more turn for me, and I notice a big ol truck behind me that finds it necessary to be attached to my bumper. I make the turn onto my street, which has a hill immediately after the turn, and the pick up truck follows me. Except, the pimp mo mini van doesn't want to go up the hill. Or at least the owl snot isn't condusive for hill climbing pimp van's. But this doesn't distract the pick up! He stays right on my bumper as I struggle up the hill, spinning and weaving till I finally make it up. GG traction control.

I always love it when my usual 20 minute trip takes an hour. But everyone is safe as a bug in a rug, so all is well with the world.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 9:17 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger gadzooks64

    Hmmm. So THAT'S what happened.

    Some owl snotted all over the end of my driveway.

    Damn owls.