"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Bad Blogger, BAD!!
Well, I knew it had been a few days since my last blog entry, but not until I found a kind nudge this morning in my email did I realize how long... so sorry. My last week was either frightfully uneventful or overly busy, Im too confused to know which. I havent even been keeping up with my blog reading, so if you see a lot of comments from me the next few days on your blogs you know why!

RECAP:

Tuesday the devil left so I was busy dancing/working. Wednesday I had to GASP work for 7 hours and I was exhausted after. Thursday and Friday are pretty much a blur after Saturday when we cleaned up that tree. Im still sore. Sunday was the regular yardwork, weeds, planting, mowing n such. And Monday....

June 5th was Mayas Birthday! Maya turned 7 yrs old yesterday. We spent the day at Kings Island to celebrate and theres nothing better to tell you how old/out of shape you are than a long day at an amusement park. The very same amusement park you went to daily during the summers when you were 16 and 17 and never tired. Riding the very same roller coasters you used to ride over and over and now when you walked off of them you felt sick.

I was 21 when I became pregnant with Maya. I wasnt married, she wasnt planned and I was a long way away from home, in Australia. I was at the peak of my fly by night partying days (hence being in Australia) I was scared to death and flew straight home after being told pregnancy was unappealing by a certain cute boy with a good accent.

Soon, as most life lessons do, I found the worst time of my life turning somehow into the best time. Maya saved me from myself. She completely changed my life and not just in the obvious ways. I had always been a big partier since I was about 16, lots of alcohol and weed smokin in my high school/college days. When I was 20 I started dabbling in more drugs and had started the subsequent downward spiral. So theres no telling where I would be right now had my little accident not come into my life.

Shes my oldest so I probably depend on her way too much. She carries alot of responsibility in our house by helping mom. What I love most about Maya is her individuality. Sometimes we butt heads because of it, but its my goal to not stomp that out in my parenting because shes perfect just the way she is. She is a born leader (which is teacher speak for saying she likes to boss people around) caring, attentive to others needs and mean as a taz when she wants to be, but I cant wait to watch her grow up and see what she will become.

Happy Birthday Maya Opal
 
posted by t at 8:13 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: