"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Friday, May 19, 2006
My Week...

It has been raining for over a week here and to my amazement we havent had any flooding. Although I am starting to become accustomed to the sky suddenly turning black and thunder coming from outta nowhere, yesterday we had huge hail come down. The hail and rain went on for over 15 minutes so the pic I have the hail has already melted quite a bit. And today is no exception, another dark and gloomy day. The bad part is our new dog doesnt like to go potty when its wet outside. So I can take him out for a walk and he wont go. I leave him out on Buddys trolley and he whines at the door, then inevitably if I let him in I have crap on my carpet 5 minutes later. Its pretty damn annoying. But it has given me the opportunity to scrub all the spots out of the rug, I mean since Im already down there I may as well make the most of it right?

In my family we call May our birthday month. May 16th is my Dads and my brother in laws, May 17th is mine and May 22nd is Annas with Mayas on June 5th shortly after. So Wednesday I turned 29, another day another dolla. Wouldnt it ROCK if birthdays were as fun as they were when we were kids?? Not to say they cant be, cause next year for my big ole 30th Im going to Vegas damn it! I did make out pretty well this year tho, Photoshop CS from the husband, Photoshop for Dummies book and wireless optical mouse for laptop from girls, UNOs for dinner and an AWESOME birthday cake from Cold Stone Creamery. I cant complain (well actually I can and I did, but Im over that now). Tonight we are going to J Alexander`s to celebrate all of the birthdays together. Should be fun.

Monday I had to pick up Maya from school because they had their yearly physicals at 3:30 and the bus wouldnt get her home in time. As I headed out to pick her up I realized my 1gig SD card had come for my camera!! WooHooo! So I grabbed it and headed out. While I sat in the car waiting for her to get out of school I was testing out the zoom on my camera, check this out!

The first is with no zoom and the second is at full zoom... I zoomed in on the building in the center.


Their doctor is about 1/2 a mile from my sisters house so we had made plans to come over after and see her new house that they are building. I hadnt been inside yet or even seen the model so I was excited to see it! The thing was HUGE, well to me anyhow, Im used to my tiny little house! I mean the hallway up stairs was big enough for my girls to run in (picture right) and you know what that means, if its big enough to run in, ya gotta run! They ran upstairs, downstairs and in between. Altho it made my sis a bit nervous because the painters had been in doing touchups that day. Im pretty sure they are closing today and moving in next week. Im headed over to her house with my sewing machine today to help her make some curtains for the morning room. I just hope she doesnt want help painting one day.


Ok what else.... POKER! I actually won two tokens this week, can you believe it? I guess my bad token streak is over. Im playing in two WSOP turneys on Saturday. A bracelet race on FTP and a main event seat freeroll I earned a ticket to on JunglePoker.com. We will see how it goes. I havent been doing that great in the bigger tournaments lately, but a girl can dream!

So thats my week in a nutshell. I have a wacky crazy weekend this week, so Im not sure Ill be able to write more till Monday, which is my Annas birthday! She will be 3, already.
 
posted by t at 6:57 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Khan, just found your blog...boy do I need to get a life. Just wanted to mention that I love your dachshund, my wife and I have had one for over a year now, and they are the best.

    I never knew you were from Ohio. I fly into Dayton several times a year and drive over to Bellefontaine for work. Any place to play poker in Ohio?

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kate

    Happy late birthday, Teresa... mine's Tuesday. Ain't we just cosmic twins er wut??

    Loving the picture, up above, of Anna mid-tantrum. It almost - *almost*, I said, not all the way - makes me wish Jacob threw tantrums. Oh well... I have p-l-e-n-t-y of shots of Emily's tantrums, past and present.

    Hope you celebrated in the only appropriate way possible - by paying some attention to Mom for one day a year. I wonder if you catch some of the same flak I do, for having a birthday so close to Mother's Day? The GALL, getting two important days in the same month... and this from my husband, whose birthday is the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS.

    Hmmm... must blog this. ;)