"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Monday, May 22, 2006
A slow downward spiral into oblivion...
How did my WSOP tournamnents go you ask??

First one was scheduled for Saturday at 1pm on Jungle Poker. This is a new poker site that was having its "Grand Opening" on Saturday. For the past few weeks they have been running an "Earn your bankroll" promotion and running freerolls to get traffice to their site. In addition to the money you could win in these freerolls, they were also offering a "ticket" into this WSOP event if you were to make the money in one of the freerolls. I did and I registered. When 1pm came around I was logged into the site, and as the tournament was about to start the site crashed. I waited around for two hours seeing if It would open back up or if I would get an email as to the status. I had a bracelet race at 5pm on FTP so I decided to go get a nap in. As soon as I laid down an email was sent that it was starting at 4pm, so I missed it. What BS.

Second one, I had a good nap, cause I slept till 6:21pm and it started at 5pm. I JUMPED out of bed and saw I had been blinded down to 390 chips. GREAT. I worked so hard on getting that token and I over sleep. Go figure. But I double up, and I double up again, and again! This is when I know Im doomed. You cant get that lucky that many times and have any hands hold up at the FT. But I figured why wait till the final table? And did this.....

Full Tilt Poker Game #651327725: Ladies Only Bracelet Race (4171546), Table 8 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:54:40 ET - 2006/05/20
Seat 1: starbaby714 (1,249)
Seat 2: unmlobofan (3,855)
Seat 3: Edgefree (16,885)
Seat 4: azrit1 (4,810)
Seat 5: JonesMcGee (10,300)
Seat 6: LLM (3,110)
Seat 7: khanwoman (6,020)
Seat 8: thecruncher (6,254)
Seat 9: DENALI (5,135)
starbaby714 antes 25
unmlobofan antes 25
Edgefree antes 25
azrit1 antes 25
JonesMcGee antes 25
LLM antes 25
khanwoman antes 25
thecruncher antes 25
DENALI antes 25
thecruncher posts the small blind of 150
DENALI posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to khanwoman [Qd Ks]
starbaby714 folds
unmlobofan folds
Edgefree folds
azrit1 folds
JonesMcGee folds
LLM folds
khanwoman raises to 1,275 <- pot button raise
thecruncher calls 1,125
DENALI folds
*** FLOP *** [5d 5s 4c]
thecruncher checks
khanwoman checks
*** TURN *** [5d 5s 4c] [8d]
thecruncher checks <-- ok she checked AGAIN this is almost a 3k pot I have to take a stab, Im figuring she has A high
khanwoman bets 1,800
thecruncher calls 1,800
*** RIVER *** [5d 5s 4c 8d] [6h]
thecruncher checks <-- she couldnt have anything I dont have that much left, pot is at 6.5k abouts, if I dont bet at it I lose
khanwoman bets 2,920, and is all in
thecruncher calls 2,920
*** SHOW DOWN ***
khanwoman shows [Qd Ks] (a pair of Fives)
thecruncher shows [Kh Ad] (a pair of Fives)<-- owh wow she had nothing, but it was better than my nothing.
thecruncher wins the pot (12,515) with a pair of Fives
khanwoman stands up

I am an idiot.

Sunday, I decide to use my other token and play in a NLHE bracelet race at 9pm. This was a total fiasco. I was getting ran over by my table. You know when nothing goes your way, every time you raise you get re raised, your hands never hit, youre constantly having to lay a hand down cause its early and not worth battling with a donk. So finally THIS happens, but it was fitting given the circumstances....

I shoulda known to push that flop, but went for the check raise instead.

Full Tilt Poker Game #654334659: WSOP Bracelet Race (4192057), Table 10 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:39:55 ET - 2006/05/21
FullTimeJob: ask your mom
Seat 1: HokieKeeper (2,280)
Seat 2: Terry368 (70)
Seat 3: khanwoman (845)
Seat 4: candyken (1,515)
Seat 5: lsutgr (2,060)
Seat 6: Jack8Offsuit (1,280)
Seat 7: FullTimeJob (3,260)
Seat 8: seacucumber (2,710)
Seat 9: Musashi (965)
Musashi posts the small blind of 30
HokieKeeper posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to khanwoman [Ks Jc]
Terry368 raises to 70, and is all in
khanwoman calls 70
candyken folds
lsutgr raises to 120
Jack8Offsuit folds
FullTimeJob: just by my size alone she should know im way ahead of a second grader
FullTimeJob has 15 seconds left to act
FullTimeJob calls 120
seacucumber calls 120
Musashi folds
HokieKeeper calls 60
khanwoman calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Tc 9d Qs]
seacucumber: so u have something for corpses?
HokieKeeper checks
FullTimeJob: even better
khanwoman checks
lsutgr bets 125
FullTimeJob folds
seacucumber calls 125
HokieKeeper calls 125
khanwoman raises to 360
lsutgr calls 235
seacucumber: figures u're a sicko and retard
FullTimeJob: a dead sl.ut
seacucumber calls 235
seacucumber: pathetic
HokieKeeper folds
*** TURN *** [Tc 9d Qs] [Kd]
khanwoman bets 365, and is all in
lsutgr raises to 730
seacucumber folds
lsutgr shows [Jd Ah]
Terry368 shows [6s 5c]
khanwoman shows [Ks Jc]
Uncalled bet of 365 returned to lsutgr
*** RIVER *** [Tc 9d Qs Kd] [Ts]
lsutgr shows a straight, Ace high
khanwoman shows a straight, King high
lsutgr wins the side pot (2,185) with a straight, Ace high
Terry368 shows a pair of Tens
lsutgr wins the main pot (450) with a straight, Ace high
Terry368 stands up
khanwoman stands up

And my week continues...

Today I get the pleasure of going off my allergy meds because I am going to the allergist with Anna on Friday. Oh joy. To make matters worse, Im going to the ZOO with Mayas class on Thursday, that should be interesting... zoo animals with no allergy meds.

THEN to top it all off, Friday the mother in law from hell arrives. I must of done something horribly wrong in a former life. And if you think your Mother in law is bad, I bet I can top it. Stories to come, stay tuned!!
 
posted by t at 6:31 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger CailtyssRulien

    Ya know, i've been thinking about that hand a lot since yesterday, and I think no matter what you do there, the AJ is gonna call, preflop, after the flop, even tho drawing to ONLY a king, I have no idea what he was thinking. But I do not think you could have done it any different, so try not to let it bother you. Your bad run is starting to even out, as you said, its time for it to turn into a good run now, we BOTH know you have, and CAN, and WILL do it. What a week you have coming up...I feel bad for you this weekend, I remember some of the awful stories, and no Harry Potter movie to get you out of the house this time either :( (maybe legion poker?)