"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
30 things you may or may not know about me on my 30th birthday...

You'll have to read back one post to get the first 11, but here are the rest....

** disclaimer, just because I mention things here, doesn't mean I'm proud of it!

#12 – Even tho I was a complete degenerate in High School I somehow made it onto Student Senate for a year and we did one of those “Trust Camps” where you have to do a purdy dangerous obstacle course and rely on the people with you to get thru. We had to climb on high wires thru trees and even did a 200+ foot zip line.

#13- My first job was at Friendly’s, I was 15. This is also where I met my “other” friend Heather, whom I’m glad to say is no longer my friend.

#14 – I was arrested for shoplifting. But that wasn’t the half of it. The cop found papers in my purse and told my mom what they were. I had to go to court and everything! (again, Heather was with me)

#15 – I was into theater productions in high school. I did a lot of back stage stuff, prop crew, stage crew, and costume crew. The highlight was when I was the Student Director for Arsenic and Old Lace. It was a blast.

#16 – I played Volleyball until my senior year in high school, when partying took precedence. I was purdy good too.

#17 – I bungee jumped when I was a senior in high school on our senior trip. I have a HILARIOUS video of it, but alas it’s on VHS so no posting. I also went on my first white water rafting trip on my senior trip. We had a hot (and when I say hot I mean HAWT) rafting guide. When we had to paddle he would say “STROKE STROKE STROKE” and made us say it with him, uhhuh.

#18 – I have freckles, lots of em. I also had RED RED hair when I was a lil girl. The older I get the darker it gets (thank god).

#19 – When I turned 18 I felt the need to express my independence. I did so by getting a tattoo and my belly button pierced.

#20 – I partook in spring break festivities in Daytona, Florida. This is where I acquired a fond taste for Tequila, and met two life long friends, Vince and Mike.

#21 – I moved out of my house 1 month after graduating high school. I was 18 and moved to Columbus to go to OSU. I couldn’t wait to get out of my house. I asked for my graduation present to be rent thru summer. I moved out with my car loaded with all my possessions and $4 in my pocket. Needless to say, I moved back in with my mom and dad 3 years later.

#22 – My lifelong friends I mentioned earlier (from spring break) invited me on a trip thru Europe. I got a few of my friends from Columbus to go as well. We went to the UK, France, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands. I was drunkish 80% of the time (what can I say, wine is $2 a bottle in most of Europe). Since then I have been to Australia and Ireland.

#23 – I truly feel my life didn’t begin till I had Maya in 1999. I was 22 when she was born, and most of my life prior is a bit of a blur, especially my years in Columbus. In a single moment I realized that life isn’t about what you do and where you go, but about who you love and who loves you back. I also realized, in that moment, how much my parents loved me and we have been best friends ever since. I remember my mom saying to me once “I don’t know what you did with Teresa, but tell her we like you better”.

#24 – The only time I’ve ever been in an actual physical fight was with my “other” friend Heather (you know the one I’m glad I’m no longer friends with). I’ll make a long story short and just tell you that she had a drinking/drug problem, and after going out with her one night, as I put Maya in her car seat (she was just a baby) to go home, Heather attacked me from behind. I haven’t spoken to her since.

#25 – For those of you who think I have always been a lush, here’s the truth of it! Ya, before kids I drank quite a bit (but hey I wasn’t even 21 yet!), but after Maya I rarely drank. Alcohol didn’t set well with me. Beer made my hands and feet swell (still does) and wine made me fall asleep. At the time I didn’t have much will power to go buy bottle of alcohol, so I settled with not drinking much. It’s only been for the past 2 years or so that I’ve become fond of the drink again. And you can blame my brother for that.

#26 – By the time I was 22 I had worked at: Friendly’s, Cracker Barrell, The Cooker, Dayton Opera, Shuckin Shack, Lou’s Drive Thru and a couple temp places. Since then I’ve had two jobs, one at a Lighting store laying out lighting for new homes and an insurance rep.

#27 –

#28 – Although I have found a few exceptions, I really do feel men (for the most part) are idiots. Please, for your sake, don’t try to argue this point with me. You’ll lose.

#29 – When I was a kid I wanted to grow up and be… THE FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT… such high aspirations. Little did I know I’d be 30 and still 4 years away from my first Bachelors Degree. But seriously, I had it all planned out, how I’d join the airforce, do volunteer work, become Mayor etc etc.

#30 – If I could do anything, you know, like if I won a brazillian dollars in the lottery or something… I would buy homes for my whole family on some paradise island, but spend most of my time traveling the world with my girls, taking most of the time to do aid work (and of course stopping to play poker along the way).

Labels:

 
posted by t at 7:09 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I won´t argue #28 with you. I´m glad you think I´m just an idiot and nothing worse, like that the wires in the upper department are connected slighty off the blueprints. Well, that´s what others seem to tell me sometimes.

    I didn´t put it in my 7 points but in high school my pot smoking friends could find only one explanation for me being how I was while I didn´t smoke or drink: I fell in a kettle of pot when I was a kid :D I never tried to make them think any thing else than that I was off my knockers. And I only had to be me.