"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
i'd like a ruling on that...
So, I drove to ILL this weekend for Sheila's birthday. She was helping to organize a Super Bowl Poker Tournament for a guy who owns a restaurant/bar that has one every year. There are a lot of details I don't have the time to get into now, but what you need to know is that I came in 2nd to a guy who was so drunk, he couldn't put his own chips in the pot. That's right, he had a helper. I made $410 dollaz, $250 of which I've already spent on a plane ticket to VEGAS on JUNE 7th. Jealous?

I will, despite my time constraints right now, tell you the story that goes along with the title of my post.

I can handle major douchebaggery in poker. In fact, I prefer if I'm at a table of DB's. I play a patient game and can usually take advantage of the DB's. Two seats to my left, we have the table douche. He will call any all-in, despite his chip stack, with any two suited cards... or any face card for that matter.

I saw him call an all-in on a board of AJ9 with J6 off suit, to a guy that raised pre-flop. The raiser/all-inner had AQ and my DB friend hit a 6 on the river. The all-in call left him with one chip.

Or you could ask my good friend Zerbet who pushed all in with ATo and was called by DB's 67c. I folded AJs this hand and the board read AJJxx. Zerb won the pot and doubled up. NH z.

Anyhow back to the story. An utg raiser decides to throw in a raise with the blinds at 200/400 and he makes it 1000 to go. The DB says, "Hey you can't do that, your raise has to be at least double the big blind". Myself and a few others at the table, but mainly me (let's face it I have a big mouth), chimed in telling him that the total of his raise had to be at least 2x the bb not the raise itself. The DB was unhappy that a WOMAN was telling him he was wrong and said "I'd like to get a ruling on that". So I holler across the room to Sheila explaining the situation and she agrees that I am right.

"Happy douchebag?"

Might sound like a silly thing, but I swear EVERY live table I sit at there is at least ONE middle aged man that can't stand the fact that a woman is sitting at the table with them. They pick on how I stack my chips and place my bets. Tell me when it's my blind or turn.

And to all you old dumb asses that don't understand the fact that women are smarter than you (even younger ones) I say:

STFU

Labels:

 
posted by t at 9:42 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Can I get a ruling on that women are smarter than man thing?

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger t

    you mean men?

    Me thinks there is your ruling

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I was wondering who would go for the oh so transparent, purposeful mistake -- figures it was a women.