"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
onomota-- whata??
ONOMATOPOEIA

I need some...so get creative!*

What is an onomatopoeia?
Onomatopoeia (occasionally spelled omomatopœia) is a word, or occasionally, a grouping of words, that imitates the sound it is describing, and thus suggests its source object, such as “bang” or “click”, or animal such as “moo”, “oink”, “quack” or “meow”.

ty wikipedia, you are always so helpful!

So, here is the challenge. I need the word and a definition. The words and their definitions can be figments of your imagination. ie: they do NOT have to be actual sounds like "meow". (ya, now you see why I came to you huh). Here is one I came up with:

PWNED: The sound you hear when I take your whole stack cause I flopped set and you rivered two pair.

You get the idea... ready, set, GO!*

*disclaimer - just so you know, any and all ideas given on this blog can and will be plagiarized.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 8:44 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Kate

    oomph - The noise made by one's throat, inadvertantly, when swiping one's face with the sun-shade while trying to close it.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Plonk - the sound made when the OK button is depressed on the "mute this player" dialog.

    (That's an old-school double-cross-reference with a 3/4 twist that younguns won't get, pry. NTTAWWT.)

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Douche - the sound made as your chips are dumped in front of the push-monkey donkasaurus who couldn't lay down his top pair, retarded kicker to your semi-bluff re-raise.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger gadzooks64

    Floush - the sound of Zerb's bankroll when he plays with a Douche.