"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
the conversation...
I always have the best convos in the morning with my spouse. This one had a purpose, to let Joe know what we were doing today and that I didn't expect him to want to come. He's gone for 12 hours a day now with this new job, and I don't always get to inform him of plans made (or remember to).

I've always found it amusing how men and women can carry on a complete conversation and still not understand what the other is talking about.


Me: Just so you know we are going to Kim's today to make Christmas ornaments and the baby is staying the night. We are leaving at 1pm and you don't have to come.

Dickweed: Who's Kim?

Me: Kimberly

Dickweed: ........

Me: Kimberly G*****

Dickweed:.........

Me: Kimberly, you know CHRIS AND KIM??

Dickweed: OH YAAAA, it just wasn't clicking. Well I thought we needed to put the car (the one we are selling) in your parents yard and go (grocery) shopping.

Me: We will have to do that tomorrow.

Dickweed: You want to do ALL that tomorrow??

LONG PAUSE to dwell in the IRONY

Me: Well, like I said we have made plans to go make ornaments with Kim today and I'm babysitting tonight. The car isn't ready to put out anyway, why don't you get those wheelcovers changed. (you know like you were supposed to LAST weekend.)

Dickweed: I'm not doing that today! That's not important.

Me: Well we can't put the car out till you do.

Dickweed: OH you mean THAT car.

Me: Ya I mean the car we have wheelcovers for, so if you get that done you can go drop it at my parents, then we can grocery shop tomorrow.

Dickweed: How would I get home?

Me: Ask my mom or dad to drive you back?

LONG PAUSE of Joe thinking of the consequences of him having to do something all by himself today and trying to think of a way to get me to stay home and do what he COULD do by himself.

Dickweed: What about groceries?! We NEED Groceries!!

Me: I'm going to make coffee.

I found out later that Joe was under the impression that we had no food in the house. After I showed him how I already have the next 3 nights dinners defrosting and what there was for breakfast, he is now happily eating and NOT talking. (thank f@$#ing god)

It is hard work.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 7:41 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: