"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
when did I turn 18??
Why is it when life throws grown up problems at you, it just makes you feel like you're 17 again?
You remember, when people asked you what you were doing with your life, you gave a somewhat audible answer, but really had no clue. Well here I am, 12 years later and I still have no clue.

Do I get a new full time job? Do I pick a part time job and keep up with my Aflac accounts? Do I pick a part time job and go back to school so I can get a job I'd actually enjoy?

I think when Maya came along and I had to skip a big chunk of that part of my life, I just figured I didn't need to think about it. I was wrong. I also figured I'd just stick with Aflac for the rest of my working years, but things change and it isn't for me anymore.

Well, I know what I WANT to do. I WANT to go back to school, but I'm a grown up now and I should pry get a new job.. pry.

But then I'll be stuck in a dead end job for a good portion of my life. I won't be happy.

Then there is the time factor. Hell, I can barely keep up with my house, kids, husband and work part time. How am I supposed to add school into the mix.

I need a magic 8 ball or something.

But then I have talked to kids, kids that are at the age where they have to start adulthood and I've given them very good advice "Don't pursue what you think you SHOULD, go after what you WANT". If you're dreaming and can't make it, you have the rest of your life to pick yourself up and find something boring to do. At least you can say you tried and you won't spend the rest of your life wondering "what if?".

Labels:

 
posted by t at 7:01 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Hrbek

    this is so frickin easy it's not funny. if you dont do this, and you want to, but decide it's too much, then you'll just be 2 or 4 years from now. if you do it, and it doesnt payback ROI at least the time will be spent doing something to give you a chance. Go with right decision and forget the possible variance in results. youre gonna be tired either way -- get yer ass in school. you know the answer.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As I get older, the list of things that I know that I don't know gets longer (and let's face it, I'm already giving a vacuum {no, not the cleaner}a run for it's money); however, of this one thing I'm pretty certain: if anyone can shrinkwrap life advice into a comment sized nugget, than that is probably not the road map for which you are looking.

    But look at it this way, I hear there is an opening at the Church :)

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger gadzooks64

    As one of those non-traditional students that didn't graduate until I was almost 31 I feel that I speak with the voice of experience when I say, "GET YOUR ASS IN SCHOOL ASAP DAMNIT!"

    Live on student loans if you have to.

    You'll be sooo much better off in the long run.

    You know I love you baby!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger t

    kent - word

    am - i have no idea what you just said. i think your southern drawl came out in your typing there.

    zooks - i love you too babeeee!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kate

    Yeah... as someone coming off the end of 10+ years in college with a doubtful ability to actually FINISH the damn thing... I say, go for it.

    I would NOT under any circumstances encourage anyone at all, including myself, to go for a doctorate while juggling children. But an undergrad, even a master's degree, is doable and is a Good Thing.

    What's that? The student loan debt? Yeah... some topics are taboo with me. ;)

    And, just so's you know... my Blogger Word Verification for this post is ooubeeeb. And I MEAN that.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Hrbek

    t - i think am dissed me ever-so-slightly for giving you life advice in a nugget-sized wrap.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger t

    well he IS a republican, they do that sometimes.