"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
it can always get worse...
Joe got laid off from his job yesterday. It was a total surprise/shock even his management didn`t know. The big guy from Cleveland surprised everyone when he drove down here yesterday to tell 6 of the 12 people in his office they were goners. The other 6 get the news today.

Joe drove a company car, so we have to make that purchase now and he also carried our health insurance.

Life has a funny way of throwing things like this at you when you`re down. Here`s to hoping it is a blessing in disguise.

Anyhoooo

Last night Joe was telling the girls a story for bedtime, I got the night off because of my 3 day long headache, I dunno what`s up with my head but it won`t go away. Anyhow, the phone rings and it went a little something like this:

ring ring ring

me: Hello?
voice: May I speak with Joseph please?
me: He is putthing the kids to bed right now, is there something I can help you with?
voice: I am calling on behalf of the Republican Party....
me: Oh, you just called the WRONG house.
voice: Well we were wondering, can we count on your support for Mike Dewine in November?
me: ABSOLUTELY.... NOT!
voice: Um, OK, how about Ken Blackwell for Govenor?
me: You`re still asking?
voice: How about Turner for Congress?
me: How about you tell the Republicans to spend their time doing something for the people they represent rather than attaching BS bills to important legislation thinking it will get them more votes? I told ya son, you called the wrong house.
voice: Ok, well, thank you, this has been paid for by the Republican committee.
me: I guess you have to spend that money on something.

Something else pissed me off this week. Was watching 60 minutes on Sunday... they had Bob Woodward on and I believe it was a repeat of this story. I was doing something else at the time and heard this, "He tells Mike Wallace that for the last three years the White house has not been honest with the American public." NO KIDDING. GG 60 MINUTES.

How many people have to risk their entire career by trying to tell us the truth before we listen?! CIA officials, Generals, ex cabinet members etc etc.

But of course to a lot of people, people I`m afraid I actually know, think this is just the Left Wing media attacking our president.

But then I become happy again because I see this... AND HE`S FROM OHIO! You don`t see (D) Ohio very often...

I <3 Tim Ryan. Huck if you are reading this, which I doubt you are, this is why voting makes a difference. If we get enough people like this standing up for what is right for us, it can`t be ignored.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 7:32 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Kate

    That bites. Here's to finding a new job quickly that doesn't involve nudity. For either of you. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Obviously, kate hasn't seen the videos.