"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
pink ribbon...


You may have seen a few pink ribbons floating around this month on your female co-workers or friends lapels. If you didn't know already, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The pink ribbon symobolizes awareness of the struggle many women go thru on a daily basis, support of the surviovors, and attention to prevention.

I found a fellow blogger who has chosen to share her entire journey with breast cancer, from the day of diagnosis thru her remission. Her name is Sylvie she is a breast cancer survivor and her mission in life is to bring more awareness about breast cancer to the masses. Sylvie is a 36 year old Canadian woman, mother of three and a business owner and all of you can learn something from her story. Although, I think Sylvie would want us to take what we learn and ACT!
 
posted by t at 8:08 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    For an interesting twist on the topic of the "pinking" of breast cancer awareness, there are three articles I link to from my website, http://www.honestmedicine.typepad.com, that I think you might like to read.

    To access these three articles, please go to the links on the left side of my site, and look under “articles of importance."

    1)"Welcome to Cancerland: A Mammogram Leads to a Cult of Pink Kitsch," by Barbara Ehrenreich. A classic.

    2)"Chemo Concession" (contains some surprising information about the chemotherapy industry)

    3) “Vaccine Against Cancer,” about a really interesting cancer treatment being used by a doctor in Germany.

    All three articles will give you another perspective on the “think pink” phenomenon. I hope you will find them informative. Thanks very much for giving them a look!

    Sincerely,
    Julia Schopick
    http://www.honestmedicine.typepad.com