"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
told ya so...
I told ya things can always get worse, and well, they did.

Last night we were doing our usual "girls are in the bath" routine... sitting on the deck enjoying some quiet time, surfing the web, etc etc when I heard Anna start screaming/crying. This is not unusual. So, I went in to break up the cat fight and saw Anna was very upset saying her shoulder hurt. Maya told me she was jumping off the edge of the tub, back into the tub and slipped. Go super Anna!

She had a red mark on her shoulder so I knew it hurt, and I got her out of the tub and tried some range of motion exercises. She screeched in pain and I got worried. Joe came in and observed. It did seem like she was over doing it a bit, so he went and got a sucker for her, held it up high and had her reach for it with the arm she hurt, she got the sucker no problem, no crying.

So, after that we figured she was just tired and over doing the horror she had experienced. I had to sit with her for an hour while she cried herself to sleep with ice packs on the shoulder. I figured she would forget about it by morning.

But no such luck, she woke up this morning screaming again, throwing a fit actually saying how much pain she was in. So, clearly I couldn't send her to school and I couldn't get upset with her till I knew she was OK. Off to Urgent Care we went.

They took Xrays and sure enough, she has a fractured clavical.

All is well though and she will survive, I guess it is one of those things that heals on its own in a sling. Besides, she got some good drugs and she is having a great time eating Doritos and demanding ice cream... then giggling after.

Anna: (laughing) I thought you were Daddy!!

By the way, don't feel too bad for her. I told her I was taking a picture of her boo boo and she put on a special "Feel sorry for me" face. That's my girl!

Labels:

 
posted by t at 12:56 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kate

    Poor kiddo, anyway.

    Emily fell out of bed in 2005 and broke her collarbone.

    At least they're hurting themselves in normal, mundane activities, not during the Weekly Beatings.