"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Monday, October 09, 2006
useless info is a good thing...
You say you like trivia eh? Well here is site for you!

It is filled with tons of useless information for you need to know people. Here are a couple of my favorites...
  • Charlotte de Berry’s career as a pirate began in the 1600’s when she dressed up as a man to follow her husband into the Royal Navy. Charlotte’s ruse was discovered when the ship they were on was attacked and it was discovered that she was really a woman. She was made to take a ship back to England. Along the way, the Captain of the ship bound for home assaulted Charlotte and in revenge, she lead the crew in a mutiny and lopped off the Captain’s head, whereupon she usurped his position and decided instead of going home, it would be more fun to be a pirate and raid ships along the African Coast.
  • Samuel Bratt, whose wife hated his smoking, left her in 1960, the sum of 330,000 pounds providing she smoked five cigars a day.
  • Most toilets flush in E flat
  • 85% of all people killed by lightning are male

  • It is believed that poker began as a card gave played with a deck of only 20 cards. That game, described in 1829 by the English actor Joseph Crowell, consisted of four players betting on whose hand was most valuable.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 8:42 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A woman once responded to an article that Winston Churchill wrote by a letter to the editor;

    "If you were my husband, I would put poison in your tea"

    with which Churchill responded in-kind;

    "If you were my wife, I would drink it".

    -v