"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Thank me later...

Trust me, you will be thanking me.

Mine`s in the crock pot.. wheres yours??? My peppers and hard rolls are in the fridge just waiting to be smothered in this stuff.

And after you try it, you`ll be thanking Beth.. this is her recipie, Im just a copy cat.

Chicago Shredded Italian Beef

For about 3 lbs of Beef Chuck Roast (if you make more just add more seasoning)


Cut off some of the extra fat on the meat and cut into large cubes.


Put the meat in a crock pot with at least one packet of dry Italian dressing mix (I use Good Seasons). I usually add another packet later on in the process. I also put in a little olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper.


Add enough water to the crock pot, so it covers about 1/2 to 2/3 of the meat.


If you cook it 10-12 hours, cook on low.


If you cook 7 to 8 hours, cook on high.


I stir the meat around every 2 hours or so, you just don't want to open the crock pot too often. I have let it go all day with out stirring and it still turned out ok, but I put a little more water in when I did that.


After it have cooked for at least 7 hours, if the meat is falling apart with a fork, I take it out of the crock pot and shred it with a fork, then I season it more with the Italian dressing mix and salt and pepper to taste. Then I return it to the crock pot for about 30 minutes just to make sure the seasoning is incorporated.


Traditionally, you would eat it with hot or mild peppers and the lady that told me how to make it would put some of the pepper juice in with the meat as it cooks. I don't do that because Bill and I are not huge fans of eating the peppers with it, but it is an option. If you have some extra regular Italian dressing you want to finish up you can always through a little of that in too, but I would still put the dry Italian dressing mix in at the beginning.
 
posted by t at 6:23 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: