"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Senseless Ramblings....
I love coffee. It is truly a beautiful thing. I tried drinking green tea once cause some health nut doctor said it would "detoxify" you and make you lose 10 lbs, it was even on Oprah. I love coffee and green tea doesnt make you lose weight. Besides, this is one of my favorite parts of my day, sitting with my coffee and my laptop, catching up on the forum, snuggly little girls all around me, kisses whenever I want them and an annoying cartoon in the background (blues clues is on now, I much prefer Dora).

I love getting things done. I had a great day yesterday for many reasons, but one being I got alot done. Laundry folded, sheets washed, kitchen clean, floors vacuumed, clothes mended and even a trip to Wal-Mart. I really enjoyed getting the sewing maching out yesterday. I asked for a sewing machine last Christmas to do things around the house, curtains and the like. I am in NO way any type of seamstress, but I can however sew a straight line, hem pants and mend holes. I made some curtains in the girls room that I love, upholstered our coffee table and Id really like to make some curtains for the living room, but I just cant decide on fabric. Ive had this pile of clothes that needed to be mended for awhile now and just never got around to it, but one of Mayas school uniforms needed fixed up so I made the time yesterday while the girls were at dance class with my mom.

I love my new vacuum. A few weeks ago we bought a Dyson. This thing rocks. I had a good vacuum before, but it recently went to the dogs or the trash dump. Ive never seen a vacuum pick up so much dirt and with a dog two kids and a husband, my house is no easy task. This thing even does well on my hard floors.

I love Maya. Really, this kid is something else. Shes so smart and SO funny. I got pregnant with Maya when I was 21 (much earlier than Id have liked) and didnt get married till I was 24. So, for awhile it was just Maya and I. Im sure in some way this part of our lives (although she doesnt remember it much) has shaped her in some way. She is NEVER afraid to speak her mind, and I love this about Maya, I taught her to be this way and at times, I regret it. *:)* Ok, so I promised her we would take a little shopping excursion to Wallie World this weekend cause she needs new tights for school. She had also been asking for high heeled boots.. yes.. high heeled boots and shes 6, cause "all her friends have them" WHAT?!?! Shes only in first grade and she already feels like she has to keep up. Now, I try to be a cool mom and compromise, I tell her if she gets the boots they can be her valentines present but she isnt allowed to wear them out of the house. (Hey, Im trying, shes 6 for christs sake) So, we are on our way, she picks out the tunes "Dixie Chicks" I approve. We are singing along, had to make a few stops on the way, blockbuster and bank. One of my favorite Dixie Chicks songs comes on "More Love".
*gets off topic* Now if you dont know this song, I highly suggest you check it out, or the Dixie Chicks entire "Home" album. Im not huge on Coutry music, but I LOVE good music. Here is how the song goes:

"More Love"

I'm so close to you baby
But I'm so far away
There's a silence between us
And there's so much to say
You're my strength, you're my weakness
You're my faith, you're my doubt
We gotta meet in the middle
To work this thing out

More love, I can hear our hearts cryin'
More love, I know that's all we need
More love, to flow in between us
To take us and hold us and lift us above
If there's ever an answer
It's more love

We're afraid to be idle
So we fill up the days
We run on the treadmill
Keep slavin' away 'til there's no time for talkin'
About trouble in mind
And the doors are all closed
Between your heart and mine

More love, I can hear our hearts cryin'
More love, I know that's all we need
More love, to flow in between us
To take us and hold us and lift us above
If there's ever an answer
It's more love

Just look out around us
People fightin' their wars
They think they'll be happy
When they've settled their scores
Let's lay down our weapons
That hold us apart
Be still for just a minute
Try to open our hearts

More love, I can hear our hearts cryin'
More love, I know that's all we need
More love, to flow in between us
To take us and hold us and lift us above
If there's ever an answer
It's more love

I can hear our hearts cryin'
More love, I know that's all we need
More love, to flow in between us
To take us and hold us and lift us above
If there's ever an answer
It's more love
If you see me on aim and wanna hear it Ill be happy to send it to you. Another GREAT one on this album is where they re-do "Landslide". *gets back on topic*

OK, so while I sing this song Maya looks over at me and in all seriousness asks "Mommy, are people in heaven butt naked?" I get a really confused look on my face and look at her and say "Whaaaa??" Maya replies " You know, in heaven, are they naked?" I replied, "I really dont know Maya, I guess its possible." She says quickly in her "tone" that I taught her so well, you know the 'what are you an idiot tone' " people are naked in heaven mom, I saw it on a book, they have wings too, I wish you would pay more attention." I just smiled really big, I love it when shes uses her mind and things shes seen before to make a point.. love it.

But sometimes, Im not so proud. When we get to Wal-Mart we get our cart and I start looking at the stuff they have on shelves right when you walk in, you know the things "on sale" just to see what they have. Maya gets a little ahead of me and all of a sudden I hear in a loud voice coming from about 20 feet away "MOMMY, I WISH YOU WERE SMALLER SO YOU COULD WEAR ONE OF THESE" I look over and Maya is holding up a G String Bikini. Now, after the rush of embarassment passed and I ran over to her and told her how rude that was to yell across the store, i started dying laughing. I mean that is just SOO Maya, she is NEVER afraid to speak her mind, and I mean shes right, if I was smaller I probably would look pretty damned good in one of those *:)* :still laughing:

Anna should be glad shes so damned cute. (ok I LOVE ANNA) Youve seen her, shes freaking adorable. She will get angry if you call her Anna, she will yell back at you "IM NOT ANNA IM DORA!!!" But this girl is a pro. She can lay a guilt trip with the best of em, and she could give a class on throwing fits. But she always ends up climbing on your lap, cuddling in close and giving the best little kisses with giggles. Damn her. When we get home from Wallies Anna is already in full force. She didnt quit yelling/screaming till she finally fell asleep. But at one point she comes up to me, I was sitting in the recliner with my laptop getting ready for AIOF to start, and she says "Mommy, you got boobies??" "Yes Anna", she climbs up on the arm of the recliner "Mommy, what you got boobies for?". Now, I know where this is going, Anna is my second daughter so I am aware that shes working up to, girls are very curious to the things "mommy" has that they dont. So, I choose my answer carefully to her question and I say "To feed babies Anna" she thought about it for a moment, got down and lost interest.

I love sleeping in clean sheets. I mean, is there anything better than a long day and wrapping up in a freshly made bed with just out of the dryer sheets?? Ahhh lifes simple pleasures. Now I had to work for this little moment of pleasure. First, I had to sneak off from Joe who had fallen asleep on the couch, he was in full snore, so I figured Id be able to pull this one off. Next I had to open the noisy laundry room door and fumble around geting the sheets out of the dryer without waking the bear. This was key, you see if he wakes up, I dont get my moment, instead I have to try to fall asleep with his snoring right next to me, so if I dont succeed here my hopes will be dashed. I make it to the bedroom with the pile of sheets, I dont even drop the pillow cases! Next, I have to make a king sized bed all by myself. Those of you that have done this know the challeges, getting those damned pockets to stay put when putting the other corners down. Grrrrr but after a few tries SUCCESS!!! Beds made, pillow cases on, ahhh time for some History channel, snuggle down, bliss. A whole 20 minutes of it before Im rudely interrupted, right on queue, just as Im about to doze off and the door opens. DAMN THE MAN!!! *:)*
 
posted by t at 8:05 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: