"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Poker with Illinifan....

It was Friday night, and that means poker at the Legion!! But this week we had a special guest, Illinifan!

I was late getting started, Dave and I headed out about 6:30 or so, but Dave was "STARVING" so we headed over to Red Lobster. (MEN) I had an appetizer and a salad.. Dave got a Steak and Lobster. We headed out of there a little before 8pm and over to the Legion. I got a phone call from Illini on our way over saying he was about 30 mins away (whew) I was hoping since we were running behind he wasnt there yet.

We get to the Legion and I put all of our names on the list, hoping Illini would be there shortly and then bellied up to the bar. When the first SNG filled, Illini wasnt there yet so I took our names off the list and signed us up for the new table. It was only a few minutes after the first SNG made Illini came in. He was wearing his "Topanga Homegrown" shirt and Illinois hat(I was jealous of the shirt, not so much the hat), so I knew who he was right away. We sat and chatted for a bit while we waited for our table to make, and what a nice guy Illini is!!

So a little after 9pm our table made and we were off to the races.

Illini directly to my right.

To my surprise the table wasnt quite as donky as Im used to. My brother Dave took down a couple of nice pots early, Illini and I were being pretty quiet. My mistake at this first table was as follows... I have J5o in the BB. Everyone limps in so I just check of coz. Flop came J high, J34 I believe, so I bet out and get one caller. Turn brought another insignificant card so I bet again and the guy reluctantly calls. Now I start to think ... WTF does this guy have? I had him on either a draw, or a J as well. Flop brought the 2nd runner to make a flush, but I didnt think that was the draw he would have been on so I bet again.. pretty hefty 500 chips. He thinks and thinks and thinks, and says "I guess Ill call, but you hit a flush didnt you?" What?!?! This guy flopped trips, was scared of me out drawing him and never raised me... mk.. so now Im short.
Dave 2 seats to my left.

Illini is now sitting directly on my right after the girl on my right went out first after she was determined to play and raise every hand no matter what cards she had. The guy on my left was a talker talker talker.. he wouldnt shut up. After I got as short as I was, I didnt mind the talking cause I was AIOF at this point. I watch two boards come that my rags would have won (damn it!!) and finally put my 70 chips in w QJ. I got no help, but at least Illini finished me off :D

Ok so Ill head out, get a refill then go check on the action. When I came back in Illini was all in w Q7c against AJo. He hit his 7 on the flop, a second club on the turn and a Q on the river!! WOOOOOOOT!!!

Illini raking in his chips from the Q7c the guy beside him in the red white and blue is who he beat!!

The very next hand his victim went all in, Illini shows me his cards (58o) and says "I hate to fold this buy I have to " HAHAHAHA The Cat hand, and guess what, It woulda flopped a straight!!! So including his Q7 hand for about 4 or 5 hands in a row people are all in with the worst hand hitting, 24o vs AQ and the like. Illini went out in 3rd (or 4th??). I went out 6th I think and Dave went out 7th. Not so good, but we are on the list for the next one.


Illini and I right before the next table was about to sit.

So we sit at the 2nd SNG. Besides the 3 of us there two other guys from our first table. Although, 3 of the other players I had played with before. One being the guy directly to IFs left. He is a good player that Ive played with HU twice before. The guy to his left was a young kid I had tangled with more than once. He is an agressive player that likes to push you out of pots.




So, I was first out of this SNG fallen prey to the young agressive guy (hes on the far right of the photo above with the white hat with blue bill). I was fooling around with my ipod when the hand was dealt, didnt realize he had raised before me, I looked down at KQd and announced a raise, and was informed that someone had already raised (the young guy). So he calls and its just the two of us to the flop which came Ah 3d 6d ( the three and the 6 may be wrong here, but they arent specific to the hand). I had position and he young guy pushed the rest of his chips in faster than I even realized what the flop was. I didnt think he had the ace, I figured he had a small pp and I had a bazillion outs... I called and he had 55 and I didnt hit a thing, even tho the turn brought me a str8 draw as well. I called off my chips because I knew what he had, but I broke one of my crucial rules to early turney play when blinds are low... NEVER NEVER NEVER CALL OFF YOUR CHIPS!!! And that is why.....

Anyhow, Dave and Illini did really well. The final 3 were the two of them and the young guy that took me out. Dave and Illini got heads up and ended up splitting $60 and $40 (Illini had more chips) . When the play got 4 handed Illini was playing EXTREMELY well. He was putting lots of pressure on the other players and making good laydowns. He had the chip lead from about 5 handed down to HU action.. so well done Illini!!!!

I dont have a heap of details cause I played so badly, but check out Illini`s blog... Im sure he will have alot of info too!!

I had fun, altho tired at the end, and It was REALLY fun to get to play at a table with someone I play with almost every day. Illini is a super guy and I hope we get to play again soon!!

I love poker...
 
posted by t at 11:06 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: