"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Friday, February 03, 2006
Let`s Brawl...
The Bikers Brawl is a private poker tournament I play almost every week. I really enjoy the private tournaments we play on fulltiltforum.com because for some reason I do well in them (I need to start looking into that and figure out why my style of play does so well in these tournaments). Last night, I believe, was my 4th Bikers Brawl win, and from what I can remember Ive taken 2nd twice (including last week).

There were a few KEY hands for me. The first happened earlier on in the turney when I was dealt pocket 7s and raised it up in early position. I had one caller, the BB, so I had position. When the flop came T high I knew I was betting, BB checked I bet out 200 chips into a 300 some chip pot. Then this wanker raised me!! WTF a check raise on a T high flop?? He did it so fast I really thought about my action. I felt there were two reasons he may have done this:
  1. He put me on AK AQ AJ and knew he could get me off my hand cause he had a PP similar to mine. Possibly 5s 6s or 8s.
  2. He had a T, put me on AK AQ or AJ knew I would throw out a continuation bet and decided that was as far as he wanted it to go.

I got my answer later in the turney when I saw him do the same thing two or three times with an over pair, so I`m pretty sure I was beat here. Needless to say, I laid it down and this is why:

  1. In the early stages of the turney it isn`t +EV to play for all your chips when you may have the 2nd best hand. It`s just not worth it. The pot isnt big enough, you aren`t compelled to call, and you are most likely left w 20x BB or MORE at these early stages EVEN when you have chips in the pot.
  2. I never call off all my chips unless I was trapping.

Anyone that may have trouble with early stage turney play, these are two CRITICAL factors that should be used in your decision making.

Firsttimer posts the small blind of 20

CYBERPIRATE posts the big blind of 40

The button is in seat #6

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to khanwoman [7c 7d]

Slippo folds

khanwoman raises to 140

Kopasetic folds

steeler247 folds

BkrBabe folds

Computer_God folds

Squib folds

Firsttimer folds

CYBERPIRATE calls 100

*** FLOP *** [4s Th 2d]

CYBERPIRATE checks

khanwoman bets 200

CYBERPIRATE raises to 900

khanwoman has 15 seconds left to act

khanwoman folds

After this fiasco, I just kept grinding away and had picked up a few pots here and there. Luck is NEVER a bad thing in poker and well, that is all I can say for this next KEY pot. Not only did this make my stack look purdy, but I think it really threw people off AND helped me get lots of action that followed. (the hand history for this hand has disappeared....)

I was dealt 74o, this is my "bluffing hand" and I raise it up (OK OK so its not MY bluffing hand, its Rogers (CailtyssRulien) but he was watching me play and I was trying to show off ) *cheezy smile*. I get a caller!! I really didnt think I would, I was purely going for a steal attempt here. Sure enough the flop comes 4 7 K and i KNEW this guy had AK or KQ so I bet about half the pot to induce him to come over the top and sure enough he did. Before I called him, I apologized and explained it was a steal gone bad then really good. I called, and he was out of the tournament.

The Final Table (final 9 players) was pretty slow moving at first. Again, I picked up a few small pots along the way. Now, for this next CRUCIAL hand I want to give a little back ground. I consider myself a pretty tight but agressive player. At times I can tend to play a little more passively depending on my table, but for the most part I like to take my mama`s advice and choose my battles wisely. This table image is pretty apparent most of the time, and it can cause some ill effects, including, people thinking Im weak and trying to push me off hands. One example was the situation earlier where the player check raised me, but this situation is a PERFECT example of someone who KNOWS how I play and trying to take advantage of it. But boys, you have to remember, I do know my table image, so watch your step: *wink*

*my thoughts in green

Seat 2: Computer_God (2,535)

Seat 4: Rabid Llama (2,085)

Seat 5: Slippo (7,600)

Seat 6: RUNEBODDEN (7,465)

Seat 7: bikerblonde (1,770)

Seat 8: khanwoman (3,375)

Seat 9: Squib (2,170)

Rabid Llama posts the small blind of 60

Slippo posts the big blind of 120

The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [As Kd]

RUNEBODDEN folds

bikerblonde folds

khanwoman raises to 420 <-- pretty standard nothing fancy

Squib folds

Computer_God folds

Rabid Llama folds

Slippo: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Slippo has 15 seconds left to act

Slippo: theres only one way to play this <-- this is where slippo really messed up, I REALLY thought at worst this would be a split pot cause he had AK as well. Either that or he was effing w me.

Slippo raises to 7,600, and is all i n

khanwoman has 15 seconds left to act

Lynx56 (Observer): the crowd is hushed

khanwoman: lol

khanwoman calls 2,955, and is all in <-- I know i said earlier to never call off your chips, and truthfully if slippo would have kept his mouth shut i would have possibly laid this down. I had plenty of chips left if I would have folded, but I KNEW I had the better hand or the same hand.

Slippo shows [Qs 9h]<-- this is when i jumped up and said I KNEW IT!!!

khanwoman shows [As Kd]

Uncalled bet of 4,225 returned to Slippo

please, no 9 no Q no 9 no Q no 9 no Q

*** FLOP *** [Js 2d 7d]

no 9 no Q no 9 no Q

*** TURN *** [Js 2d 7d] [4d]

come on A K A K no 9 no Q no 9 no Q

*** RIVER *** [Js 2d 7d 4d] [4h]

WHEW thank effing goodness....*jumps up and yells in her best Vincini accent *.."Dont ever mess with a khanwoman when DEATH is on the line!!!"

Slippo shows a pair of Fours

khanwoman shows a pair of Fours

khanwoman wins the pot (6,810) with a pair of Fours

Ok, so now I was set up and ready to play some pokah. From here on out I thought I had done the deck some kind of favor that it felt obligated to pay me back for. I think I had KK dealt to me 6 times after this hand, AK like gum bought in wholesale and even an AA every now and then for flavor. But the more amazing thing was that my hands werent just holding, but hitting. So, if you aren`t into hand histories .. stop reading now and just know that I won :)

(I know this is a bit much, but I need to put these here for me, not for you!)

Seat 2: Computer_God (11,780)

Seat 4: Rabid Llama (2,025)

Seat 5: Slippo (4,045)

Seat 6: RUNEBODDEN (2,460)

Seat 8: khanwoman (6,690)

Computer_God posts the small blind of 60

Rabid Llama posts the big blind of 120

The button is in seat #8

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [Kd As]

Slippo folds

RUNEBODDEN folds

khanwoman raises to 420

Computer_God folds

Rabid Llama calls 300 <-- to be honest I knew when llama called this bet he was gonna try to push me off the hand no matter what the flop, and that is my reasoning for doing the following

*** FLOP ***

[2s Th 4h]

Rabid Llama bets 600

khanwoman raises to 1,200

Rabid Llama raises to 1,605, and is all in

Slippo: duck

khanwoman: goose

khanwoman: gl llama

khanwoman calls 405

Rabid Llama shows [Jh Qh]

khanwoman shows [Kd As]

*** TURN *** [2s Th 4h] [Kc]

*** RIVER *** [2s Th 4h Kc] [4d]

Rabid Llama shows a pair of Fours this was llamas last hand

RUNEBODDEN posts the small blind of 60

khanwoman posts the big blind of 120

The button is in seat #5

khanwoman: i guess my AK %s are coming back around<-- this was a reference to the fact that Ive lost shitloads w AK lately.

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [6c Kc]

Computer_God calls 120

Slippo folds

RUNEBODDEN folds

khanwoman checks

*** FLOP *** [Qh Kh 6d]

khanwoman bets 300

Computer_God calls 300

*** TURN *** [Qh Kh 6d] [Tc]

khanwoman bets 900

Computer_God calls 900

*** RIVER *** [Qh Kh 6d Tc] [2h]

khanwoman bets 1,440<-- i was a tinsy bit skeered of a flush draw for him here, but hell I cant always be skeered of a flush draw

Computer_God folds

Uncalled bet of 1,440 returned to khanwomankhanwoman mucks

Here is another instance when a pretty sick call gets paid off. After all luck IS a factor in this game. This overbet by slippo was pretty fishy, it was either trips or he missed his hand... well I was wrong but it worked out.

khanwoman posts the small blind of 60

Computer_God posts the big blind of 120

The button is in seat #6

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [8c 8d]

Slippo calls 120

RUNEBODDEN calls 120

khanwoman calls 60C

omputer_God checks

*** FLOP *** [6h 2d 7s]

khanwoman bets 480

Computer_God folds

Slippo raises to 3,865, and is all in

RUNEBODDEN folds

khanwoman calls 3,385<-- now, I REALLY dont like this call here. it just isnt worth the chips. the pot is about 1k and about 600 of that is mine.

Slippo shows [6d 6c]

khanwoman shows [8c 8d]

*** TURN *** [6h 2d 7s] [Jc]

*** RIVER *** [6h 2d 7s Jc] [8s]<-- holy river of god

Slippo shows three of a kind, Sixes

khanwoman shows three of a kind, Eights

khanwoman wins the pot (8,210) with three of a kind, Eights

khanwoman: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<-- ya im thanking my lucky effing stars here.

Computer_God: gg

Slippo stands up

Ok, so we get down to three handed. At first I am 2nd in chips cause Computer God takes down a big pot. But soon Im 1st in chips and 3rd in chips is really short, like 2k and under. My philosophy in short handed play when the SS has barely any chips is to not revive him. There is no purpose in that. At the same time, I dont want him to get alot of walks either. If you keep him short and call or put him all in with a decent hand, even if you do double him up hes short and you will get him next time. But my advice, dont call him w any two cards, cause a chip and a chair. This next hand was one where I was simply raising the SS big blind because I had an ace and didnt want him to get a walk. Of course in this situation if he pused I was obligated to call.

Seat 2: Computer_God (10,680)

Seat 6: RUNEBODDEN (1,460)

Seat 8: khanwoman (14,860)

Computer_God posts the small blind of 80

RUNEBODDEN posts the big blind of 160

The button is in seat #8

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [4h Ac]

khanwoman raises to 560

Computer_God folds

RUNEBODDEN raises to 1,460, and is all in

khanwoman: ugh.. gl

khanwoman calls 900

RUNEBODDEN shows [Kc Jd]

khanwoman shows [4h Ac]

*** FLOP *** [9c 6h Qh]

*** TURN *** [9c 6h Qh] [Ah]

*** RIVER *** [9c 6h Qh Ah] [5c]

RUNEBODDEN shows Ace King high

khanwoman shows a pair of Aces

khanwoman wins the pot (3,000) with a pair of Aces

RUNEBODDEN: gg

RUNEBODDEN stands up

Ok HU action time. I had a bit of a chip lead and was trying to use it. My opponet, I felt, was playing semi tight. When I have an opponet like this I try to see flops. This was a big hand, really the first one we played past the flop. He timed out at the end, and said it wasnt on purpose, but he was right there the very next hand, so I dunno bout that.

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [7s 9c]

khanwoman calls 80

Computer_God checks

*** FLOP *** [8h 6s 9d]

Computer_God bets 160

khanwoman calls 160

*** TURN *** [8h 6s 9d] [5c]

Computer_God bets 640

khanwoman raises to 2,560

Computer_God calls 1,920

*** RIVER *** [8h 6s 9d 5c] [Jd]

Computer_God bets 5,760

khanwoman raises to 11,520

Computer_God has 15 seconds left to act

Computer_God is sitting out

Computer_God has timed out

Computer_God folds

Uncalled bet of 5,760 returned to khanwoman

Computer_God has returned

khanwoman mucks

khanwoman wins the pot (17,280)

This hand crippled him. He had less than 2k chips left. When he said he timed out on accident I told him that I had the str8 if that makes him feel better and he said NH, so Im assuming I had him beat, which I thought anyways. Again, I wasnt excited about doubling him up. He kept pushing on his button, I called once when I had KTd, He had 93o and he hit his 3. No worries, I widdled him back down a bit, he kept pushing and this following hand was the last time he pushed.

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [Kh Kd]

Computer_God raises to 4,360, and is all in

khanwoman calls 4,160

Computer_God shows [3c Qc]

khanwoman shows [Kh Kd]

Computer_God: gg

*** FLOP *** [4c 3s 9h]

*** TURN *** [4c 3s 9h] [Ad]

*** RIVER *** [4c 3s 9h Ad] [7c]

Computer_God shows a pair of Threes

khanwoman shows a pair of Kings

khanwoman wins the pot (8,720) with a pair of Kings

Is it a bad thing that I always expect to get outdrawn? I mean when that 3 hit on the flop I fully expected that I was going to double him. :)

I love poker

 
posted by t at 7:21 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good judgment comes from sex phone line experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. sex phone line