"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Not much to say...
Since Friday, not much to say...

But I did have a few weird things happen this weekend.


Saturday I got to sleep in since the girls were at my sisters Friday night. Maya goa to go to a dance show for the DCDC(Dayton Contemporary Dance Company) on Saturday afternoon with my mother. After she was done we headed back out to my sisters house in Springboro. The plans were to go see the site where she is building her new home, then go look at the model and after go to church with my sister and her husband.

My sister, Bethany (Bette) is pregnant with her first child so they are building a home. She is the smart one in the family, has her masters as a Nurse Anesthetist, was even rewarded the Agatha award when she graduated for being top of her class.

Anyhoo, we drive by her building site, very nice neighborhood with a community pool that I hope to put to good use this summer. Then we head over to the model. As we pull into the development where it is located we see about 4 police cars and a SUV that is a K9 unit. I gue
ss since I have lived in the city my entire life this isn`t a scene that makes me say "OMG". Also the cops let us thru and park, so I figured maybe something was going on at another house, it is whitey mc whiters ville so probably a stolen lawn chair or something. We start to walk up to the model and a cop says "Can I help you??" Bette says "Is the model open?" Cop says "UH NO" in a very condescending tone. So we hop back in the mini van and head down to Cincy to go to my sisters church (which I will touch on in a moment). The next day on the news we find out that the two ladies that run the model home were tied up and raped!! What a scary thought, I mean if I hadnt of been running late, or Maya had not gone to the dance thing with my mom we may have shown up at a very bad time, or a good time I suppose and been able to help these girls. Just makes you think.

So as I said we went on to my sisters church. Now, although I am the prechers daughter ( i know i know that explains alot *evil smile* ) now that I am grown and a little wiser, Im not much of a religeous person. But, my sister goes to this "progressive" church that she raves about and has been asking us to come and check it out. So, I finally decided to take the girls down for their super bowl service. Ya, thats right, a super bowl service!! OK, so we walk in, and this "church" is like walking into a sports arena or a rock concert, people handing out hotdogs, popcorn, tv screens all over with "commentators" doing a pre-service show and even a coffee bar. M`kay, not they type of church im used to. We go to drop off the kids and its all computerized and there are 3 floors of kids space!! OK, so then over to the auditorium. I walk in and this place is gigantic, its an arena type auditorium w THREE balconies. Two jumbotron screens on either side of the stage and the stage is made up like a football field with artificial green turf and the yard lines on it.

Before the service starts there are pre-game "commercials" playing on the jumbotrons with the commentators talking about the players for the super bowl. Not THE superbowl, but the pastor and the associate pastor having a preaching super bowl. And this shit was HILARIOUS. OK, so the service finally starts w a referree coming out and the two pastors making their entrances with their teams and mascots. So they do this back n forth preaching
with the referee throwing a flag on their "play" for things like using too many examples, or rambling on without making a point. Very funny stuff, all the while the commentators making sarcasticly funny comments about their "plays".

Then the half time show starts. Its this three man band called FunkeeBass. All dressed in white and the first song the funk out to is "FAME" OMG WTF Im in church and Im watching a great band cover David Bowie!! I mean this guy was decked out in all white w a white top hat and those big ass funkee glasses on even complete w a prince guitar!!


Anyhow, it finishes off with picking up the girls from their respective rooms and Maya comes out w a steelers tattoo on her face. Needless to say, it was quite the church experience
.


So Sunday was the superbowl, spent my morning cleaning, then over to my dads for chili. We got there about an hour before the bowl and left right after it started cause I had to go to the grocery. So I dropped the lesser half and the girls at home and headed out to the store, didnt take long cause I didnt have much to pick up, just the basics, milk, bread, eggs, pop, those kinds of things. THEN when I got home I pull down to the back of my driveway so I can back into the garage ... my driveway is shaped like a big "h" the round part being a semi circle in front of my house and the l part going straight back past my garage... so I have to pull down there to back up into the garage. Now, my wonderful lesser half never got the leaves (yes i said leaves and its February) out of the driveway, so if we get a little bit of snow or cold weather these things get slick as owl snot. So, I pull down there put my van in reverse and I dont go anywhere, my tires just spin in the frozen leaves. I keep trying and eventually get back into the garage...

So that was my exciting weekend!!
 
posted by t at 11:28 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger CailtyssRulien

    Wow, crazy stuff T, and on top of that, it was snowy and icey all weekend, and to cap it all off, you had that trouble when you got BACK from the grocery too!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger t

    yup youre right, left out that stupid part... fixed!!