"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
best news evah...
For those of you who read my blog and are not part of the poker forum crowd, I have some great news!!

You may remember the fund raisers I have blogged about for Jill Sabsevitz, the wife of our forum administrator, Rich. Jill was diagnosed with AML Leukemia in December, with the perfect timing of being between insurance coverage of course (god bless america). Our poker community was devistated by the news, and started many fundraisers, including a marathon + poker tournament, and an auction to help raise money for Jill's bone marrow transplant.

It turned out not only could Jill not find a donor to match her marrow, but her cancer was not responding to treatment, so she wasn't able to get the transplant anyhow. Time was of the essence and they decided to move everyone up to Minneapolis for an experimental treatment.

She went thru 3 weeks of double massive chemo treatments, and then recieved a stem cell transplant from umbilical cords. They had to wait 3 more weeks (I believe I have the timeline right) before finding out if the treatment worked. And Thursday we found out that JILL IS CANCER FREE!

Jill doesn't even know me, but I am so proud of her. I am thrilled for her and her entire family and wish them all the best.

Labels:

 
posted by t at 9:05 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: