"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Monday, September 04, 2006
the creed...
I have mentioned my girls school before. It is an excellent school and has been #1 in our county for 3 years. All students are required to memorize The Creed by Marva N. Collins. Although it is long and takes awhile for them to learn at first, the kids do really well with it. Maya is on her 3rd year with it, so she is a real pro, but it is Anna`s first year and I just love watching her learn it.

Joe DESPISES it. I am not completely sure why, other than he despises anything that makes sense to me. He says it is because "It has words they don`t understand". But I see it as one of those things you knew as a kid and never understood. Then one day it hits, and you get it. I love those days.

So, here it is, you be the judge...

The Creed
by Marva N. Collins

Society will draw a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will draw me in.

I was born to win, if I do not spend too much time trying to fail.

I can become a citizen of the world, if I do not spend too many energies attempting to become a local.

I will ignore the tags and names given me by society, since only I know what I have the ability to become.

I will continue to let society predict, but only I can determine what I will, can, or cannot do.

Failure is just as easy to combat as success is to obtain.

Education is painful and not gained by playing games, but I have seen failure destroy millions with promised hopes and broken dreams.

While I have the opportunity, I shall not sit on the sideline bitter with despair and wish later that I had become a literate lifter of this world instead of a failing leaner.

I will use each day to the fullest. I promise that each day shall be gained, not lost, used, not thrown away. Yet it is my privilege to destroy myself if that is what I choose to do.

I have a right to fail, but I do not have the right to take my teacher and other people with me. God made me the captain of only one life... my own.

Therefore, if I decide to become a failure, it is my right.

We were all promised a pursuit of happiness, and that is what I must do, pursue happiness and success for myself. No one will give it to me on a proverbial platter, and no one will care as much about me as I must care about myself. I must be willing to accept the consequences for that failure and I must never think that those who have chosen to work while I played, rested and slept will share their bounties with me.

I will wave proudly my flag signifying that I am a failure by choice, but I will never envy those who have selected to wave their unfurled banners announcing their success.

can destroy, no enemy can My success and my education can be a companion which no misfortune can depress, no crimealienate. No envy, or names can hurt me.

Education and success can be a lifetime solace. They guide goodness, they give, at once, grace and genius to governments, communities, cities, townships, villages, homes and palaces.

Without education, what is a man? A splendid slave, a savage, a beast wandering from here to there believing whatever he is told.

God is not some cosmic bellboy who comes at my beck and call. If I want to achieve, the first step must be my own undertaking. Likewise, if I want to fail, that too, is my own choice.

I can either be hesitant or courageous... life does indeed maroon the hesitant and inspire the brave. I can swiftly stand up and shout: "This is my time and place, I will accept the challenge!" or I will let others make my decisions for me.

The Creed pwns.
 
posted by t at 8:09 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    god bless this child!!!!!
    i cannot believe he memorized the whole thing!!!!
    ..i have to memorize it to for my language class.. and im not even half way there!

    .thanx for the video.
    it definitely encouraged me to finish memorizing it.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Marva u inspired me