"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Token Quest...
So recently I decided to quit using my tokens for the GTD`s and 200k satellites, and instead use them to work up the tiers. This way I can make some money and should be easier since I do so well in SNGs. Yup, that jinxed me right there.

I used to win a token 2 or 3 times a week. But lately, I cant win one of these damn things!! Ill start with last week, I was in 2 tier ones that lasted over an hour before one person was out .. ONE PERSON!! So naturally it turned into a crap shoot. Then yesterday I made it to last 5 ppl, 4 get the token of coz and I go completely brain dead and do the STOOPIDEST thing EVERRRR. The blinds are 150/300, and the short stack has 500 chips. He is all in next blind comes around practically. Im +1 UTG and the big stack min raises. He had been doing this all the effing time and was getting on my effing nerves so I went all in. I did this before realizing I had JUST told myself to fold ANY hand I had because it was stoopid to try and play. But my brain short circuited and I went all in w A7o... yes my friends A7o. The big stack calls me and what happens??? He has A7 spades. Flop brought a spade, turn spade, river spade... and Im out with no token. It was when the SS says "OMG I MADE IT!!" that I realized how stoopid I had been.

OK, so today is a new day and I thought I would try again. I guess I was distracted by Anna putting tape over my mouth when this happened:

ull Tilt Poker Game #441108909: Tier One: $6+$0.60 Sit & Go (2857487), Table 2 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:44:57 ET - 2006/02/15

Seat 2: HLB04 (1,650)

Seat 3: JOHNASS (2,425)

Seat 4: Tomotime10 (975)

Seat 5: EricStoner5 (3,275)

Seat 6: Squashlake (1,910)

Seat 7: khanwoman (2,045)

Seat 9: Icey Mike (1,220)

Tomotime10 posts the small blind of 30

EricStoner5 posts the big blind of 60

The button is in seat #3

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [Qd Ad]

Squashlake folds

khanwoman raises to 210

Icey Mike folds

HLB04 calls 210

JOHNASS folds

Tomotime10 raises to 975, and is all in

EricStoner5 folds

JOHNASS is sitting out

khanwoman calls 765

HLB04 folds

Tomotime10 shows [Kd Ac]

khanwoman shows [Qd Ad]

*** FLOP *** [9d 2c 7c]

*** TURN *** [9d 2c 7c] [5h]

JOHNASS has returned

*** RIVER *** [9d 2c 7c 5h] [Th]

Tomotime10 shows Ace King high

khanwoman shows Ace Queen high

Tomotime10 wins the pot (2,220) with Ace King high

The blinds are now 40/80

Yes, I know it isnt THAT bad of a call. But I had made a mental note earlier about this fellow. He had raise UTG about 10 hands earlier, I had TT and I called, button called and one of the blinds pushed. Naturally, I folded, but so did he. The button called with K8 spades, and the all in had 66, yes 66. He had commented that he laid TT there, so I knew he wasnt a donk. So, really this call was stoopid, had I thought about it, it would of b een obvious he would push here w AK, cause I would have as well.

So now the blinds are going up, Im very quickly -10BB and shrinking. I push w A7h and pick up blinds. Then I get 33 UTG and fold. Shortly after I am in position, it folds around to me I have 22 so I push since it folds to me. Of coz the SB had KK and Im out....

My quest continues, IF (and thats a big IF) I can quit being stoopid, I may win one of these before the week is out. Ill be sure to let you know ....

 
posted by t at 12:05 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: