"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
ROUND 1 - ding ding ding...
Ya, cant you just see it, Im the hot girl walking around with the round one sign... ok so thats stretching it a bit...

Anyhoo, Full Tilt Poker`s World Series of Poker qualifiers have started!!! They have lots of different ways to qualify and before the jib is up Im sure Ill try all the different ways, but yesterday I played a freeroll. This is pretty amazing stuff, you register for a FREEroll (this freeroll happens twice daily), you place in the top 36 and you are moved onto the next FREEroll (which is played WEEKLY) that includes the top 36 from the two daily tournaments, the top 9 in this second one move onto ANOTHER freeroll that happens monthly. Here you have the top 9 from each week that month along with some other freeroll qualifiers... HERE the top 20 get WSOP seats!!!! For you visual learners it looks like this:




Well, I had good timing yesterday being Anna is sick and I registered in the first round of one of these freerolls. This is right up my alley because Ive had alot of freeroll practice lately and Ive learned how to get pretty deep in these big fields. I will say, I owe alot of this to Zooks, Red and Cat for playing with me in these freerolls lately and I cant wait to see them (especially Red) tear these FTP freerolls up.

Anyhow, the key (I think) to these things is to pick up some premium hands early and get them paid off. The getting them paid off part is easy, cause early on there are usually 2 or 3 people at your table that are willing to call your all in w a weak ace or a pair of twos (hopefully when you have AK or a higher pocket pair *:)*). So if you arent card dead the first hour, you should come into the second hour with a nice sized stack.

My first table was a Chip Cow. The seat to my right I kept busting and someone new would sit and I would bust them, it was kinda fun!! But of course just as I started to PWN that table I get moved. This table SUCKED and I quickly missed my previous table. The players here all had similar chips stacks as mine and were playing pretty aggressive poker. I managed to pay attention and still pick up a few chips before I got moved again right before the first break.

1st break stats:
My Chips: 5950
Average stack: 4789
Chip Leader: 28k
Turney started with 1571 players, at end of first hour it was down to 492...amazing.

Ok, so the first break is over and I start to get a feel for my new table. Its one of those LIMP LIMP LIMP LIMP tables. Gawd I hate that, but usually you can turn it around if you play it right. Finally, a big stack sits down (theRILES) and starts flinging chips. Good thing I pay attention, or I dont make this call:

Seat 1: ITFC10 (175), is sitting out
Seat 2: cb619 (6,150)
Seat 3: tallkidpoker (3,702)
Seat 4: fear (5,068)
Seat 5: TERMITE BOB (3,607)
Seat 6: khanwoman (5,950) <-- our hero Seat 7: Fast Willie 39 (6,898)
Seat 8: kieran2005 (7,574)<--table idiot
Seat 9: theRILES (16,887)<--big stack and table loose cannon
ITFC10 posts the small blind of 100
cb619 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to khanwoman [Ad Jd]
tallkidpoker calls 200
fear calls 200
TERMITE BOB folds
khanwoman raises to 700 <-- this is usually a questionable raise for me, but the table is in this "lets see a flop" mode and Im trying to break them of it Fast Willie 39 folds
kieran2005 calls 700<-- this guy calls anything
theRILES calls 700
ITFC10 folds
cb619 folds
tallkidpoker calls 500
fear folds
*** FLOP *** [6s 8s 7h]<- well this is an ugly flop for me, especially w 3 other people in the hand that like to play rags tallkidpoker checks
khanwoman checks
kieran2005 checks
theRILES checks all this checking, these players havent checked a flop yet, especially one with that many chips in it
*** TURN *** [6s 8s 7h] [7d]
tallkidpoker checks
khanwoman checks
kieran2005 bets 500
theRILES calls 500
tallkidpoker folds
khanwoman calls 500 <-- the only reason I call here is because I really think my A high is good *** RIVER *** [6s 8s 7h 7d] [6h]
khanwoman checks
kieran2005 checks
theRILES bets 4,800 <-- he has been doing this alot, throwing out large bets to take down a pot
kieran2005: n catch this is funny to me because this guy thinks RILES actually caught something, after wards I told him, "you mean nice bluff" and he says, "but you werent bluffing" and Im like "I wasnt the one betting, how could I be bluffing" I swear he was just dense.
khanwoman calls 4,750, and is all in so i call, because I think I have the best hand
kieran2005 folds
Uncalled bet of 50 returned to theRILES
*** SHOW DOWN ***
theRILES shows [Th Jh] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes)

khanwoman shows [Ad Jd] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes)
khanwoman wins the pot (14,300) with two pair, Sevens and Sixes

OK, so that was a big hand for me and got me a nice size stack. But of course I had to F it all up shortly after. I know this isnt an AWFUL call, especially with the players Im playing with, but I had already identified cb619 as a non-donk.

GreatDane posts the small blind of 200
TERMITE BOB posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to khanwoman [Ac Qh]
khanwoman raises to 1,200
PktCwbys folds
theRILES folds
ShivUCF folds
cb619 raises to 3,785, and is all in
tallkidpoker folds
GreatDane folds
TERMITE BOB folds
khanwoman: ugh crying ccall gl
khanwoman calls 2,585
cb619 shows [As Ah]
khanwoman shows [Ac Qh]


I dont really need to show the rest of the hand.......


But shortly after that I was able to redeem myself by calling down a 3 way pot with middle pair. Something normally I would never do, but theRILES was doing the betting.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to khanwoman [Qs Ts]
theRILES raises to 800
ShivUCF calls 800
cb619 calls 800
tallkidpoker folds
GreatDane folds
TERMITE BOB folds
khanwoman calls 800
ev1lg3n1us folds
PktCwbys folds
*** FLOP *** [8s Kc Th]
theRILES bets 400
ShivUCF folds
cb619 calls 400
khanwoman calls 400
*** TURN *** [8s Kc Th] [3c]
theRILES bets 400
cb619 calls 400
khanwoman calls 400
*** RIVER *** [8s Kc Th 3c] [7c]
theRILES checks
cb619 checks
khanwoman checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
theRILES shows [5d 8d] (a pair of Eights)
cb619 mucks
khanwoman shows [Qs Ts] (a pair of Tens)
khanwoman wins the pot (6,650) with a pair of Tens


The next hand I raised w KQs, right after I raised my FTP client froze up but when it finally unfroze I saw player to my left had raised all in and of course gets a call from Mr chip flinger himself theRILES. The pusher had AQo and theRILES called his all in w QJo.... Q fucking J. What is wrong with these people?!? But anyhow the RNG had to EFF with me and flop two Ks. RNG RNG RNG RNG.

I saw Riles double up at least 15 people before this turney was over and this guy had a stack of over 70k at my final table and was sitting out to get to the top 36. What a disgrace..... (i know its just a freeroll, but my gawd I love this game and I hate to see people like this disgrace it)

Ok 2nd break stats:
11,930 in chips
16k is average
70k is chip leader
144 players remaining

Ok, so I hang on for a while with not much stack movement and the blinds start to get crazy. This is where my biggest poker hole lies. Well, I guess its not so much a hole, but inadequate training. I have issues deep in a turney when the binds are ginormous and it costs so much just to play a hand.

But god damn it I hang on!! And I make it to the top 36!! I actually keep playing for the practice of being short stacked with blinds this high and I make it to finish 27th. Ill take it, not bad for my first try. Now I have to work on that hole in my game so I can make it to the final table of ROUND TWO BAYBEEE!!
 
posted by t at 7:57 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: