"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
this is only a test...
... of the emergency 'whether or not I can blog from work' broadcast system...

THIS IS ONLY A TEST. (aka: my boss is at lunch)

Since I'm here, let me share with you the latest things that have made me laugh. You can find them here and here.

Enjoy.

Other things of note:

  • CSS kinda makes me wanna cry occasionally, but they are tears of joy. If only I could borrow Hrbek's brain from 8-5 M-F. WHAT SAY YOU, HRBEK??***
  • It is hard to unpack when you have no where to put things.
  • Sheila is going to help me with the above this weekend, (shhh, it's a surprise).
  • I thought I was over it, but NOPE, I still heart men over 40. Wait a minute, I heart men under 40 too... hmmmm...
  • Right now, my left tricep is twitching.
  • Friday, poker, my place... is it in?
  • I am never going to blog in complete sentences again, unordered lists are OBV the way to go.
***So, since you're here already... I'm currently trying to clean up some sloppy HTML in tables with CSS, but I kinda suck at CSS and know very little about it. I've actually managed to get thru this whole site and replace almost all the crap with smaller crap (holler!). But here's one I can't seem to figure out -
<_table width="188px" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
Is it even possible to create cellpadding and spacing in CSS? If so, tell me how O WISE ONE!

Tables suck btw.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by t at 11:56 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    bring it on ... CSS is beautiful, it's dem daggum browsers. I can do it. holla.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    oops -- posted b4 i finished reading ....

    CSS handles everything in the tables EXCEPT ONE: cellspacing ... so if u do tables, still need one dec.

    Like this

    <_table cellspacing="0"><_tr>...

    All the rest can be done like so in CSS

    td {
    padding; 5px;
    }


    Classes and IDs on both tr and td elements give u all kinds of hooks to put ur styles on, too.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    semi colon s/b colon obv

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Hrbek

    Clean version:

    HTML
    <_table id="tblHOLLA" cellspacing="0"_>
    <_tr

    CSS
    table {
    border: none; /* handle this in a global reset, tho */
    }

    table#tblHOLLA {
    width: 188px;
    margin: 0 auto; /* centering it is a bit of a bitch if you have to support old browsers */
    }
    td {
    padding: 0;
    background-color: #fff;
    }

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger t

    damn yer fast!! i might have to turn this blog into a HTML/CSS im um genius blog

    :P

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Lurking to pick up CSS tips, sfobv.

    Oh, and unpacking is overrated. You learn what's important to you by what you do and don't unpack. I came across glassware from college in a box in the kitchen. Last year. So, like ~25 yrs in the box w/o noticing = not important.

    I assume the kids are out of their boxes. Yes?

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "I still heart men over 40. Wait a minute, I heart men under 40 too... hmmmm.."
    Sounds like you want 2 at once...

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Jamespauline

    Hi,

    My name is Jamie, and I’m an Seo Account Manager for 888.com.

    Due to the latest Google algorithm changes we are currently doing a lot of hard work to clean up a lot of the incoming links to our site to comply with Google’s quality guidelines.

    We detected this link coming from your site, http://spotoft.blogspot.nl/2008/07/this-is-only-test.html
    http://spotoft.blogspot.nl/2008/07/beautiful-things.html

    It would really mean a lot to us if you could remove the links.
    This link is harmful for our site as well as yours.

    We really appreciate your effort and time and let us know if we can help you in any way.

    Best Regards,
    Jamie
    SEO Account Manager

    jamie@888mediaweb.com