"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Friday, November 10, 2006
hermits are cool...
I was out driving around yesterday. Had an appointment in the afternoon and then had to run some errands before picking up the girls. I found myself on my old side of town, on a street I don't drive down often any longer. I saw a store I wanted to stop in called "House of 10,000 Picture Frames" but was on my way to pick up Maya and didn't have time.

When I was in Vegas I got my girls and my niece these really cool hand painted pictures of their names. Each letter is spelled out in animals (tropical animals mostly) and they are reallybeautiful. Unfortunately they are about 36" by 12", not exactly a common frame size. I've looked online and haven't found much.

Anyhoo, when I saw the store my brain started to wonder off about how I hadn't really shopped at a local store lately, and how I pry should cause the local economy and all, and I guess you can't find everything online.... OR CAN YOU?

It made me wonder if anyone had tried that, living a year with out leaving their home, and how that would make a good tv show or something, but it would pry turn the person crazy after about 4 months I'm guessing. I mean, would you want to be stuck in your house every day? Ya the first couple weeks might be fun, but after that... I dunno. If you have children I think it would be impossible. So maybe it would be you just can't buy anything in person, no groceries or banking transactions or gas or beer. You have to somehow get it all online. I bet that's possible.

Any volunteers??

Labels:

 
posted by t at 8:04 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger gadzooks64

    Hmmm, would I have to shower for that year?

    Cause that might be a deal breaker.... you know, if I had to.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Kate

    I'm pretty sure some guy did exactly that a year or two ago... set up webcams so he could "prove" that he was staying in, and ordered groceries, etc., all from within his house.

    I'd probably be okay if I was home alone... but if I had to stay inside with my kids for a year... fuggedaboutit.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    in response to Zooks: crap, I was intending to leave something clever here, but I got nothing...