"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
"IT`S NEMO, DORY AND NEMO`S DAD!!"...
Yesterday we went down to the Newport Aquarium for a little fun trip. I was supposed to be the Zoo, but we had been having bad weather and changed plans. Besides, after 4:30pm kids get in free!!

The Aquarium is right over the border of Ohio and Kentucky, on the Ohio river. From the aquarium you have a great view of Cincy, altho it was still pretty cloudy out so the pics didnt come out too great. My brother, Dave, went with us so I even have pics with me in them... amazing things do happen.



Right inside they have a Great White`s mouth bone so we snapped a photo. We are all doing our best shark "GRRRRRRRR" or "AAAAARRRRR" vv/e.


The main attraction is of course the shark exhibit which is of course all the way at the end of the aquarium which means we had 2 hours of "Wheres the sharks mommy, mommy wheres Nemo and his dad, Mommy wheres the sharks!?!?!" from Anna. We finally got a glimpse of Nemo and friends...




They had alot of new exhibits since I had been there last. Including my favorite... OTTERS! I`ve always loved otters, they are just so darn cute!








I dont know if you can see him there behind the glass playing with Anna. Most seemed like pretty small otters but they were still cute, and they had about 20 of them in the exhibit. Most were curled up in a pile of mud "cuddling".


They also have an alligator exhibit, which from what I remembered was pretty kewl. Theres a bridge that you walk over them about 8 feet away from where they are underneath and the bridge has a glass square about 10x10 so you could see them directly underneath of you. All the big gators were gone, but I was happy to see they had brought in smaller gators in an exhibit that was pry very close to their "wild" habitat.

After the otters there was another new exhibit, birds. Yes, birds in an aquarium. NTTAWWT. Of course right before you entered the bird exhibit there was a little "bird concession" where you could buy bird food for $1. And you guessed it, my cheap ass didnt give into their "bonus whoring" scheme, but a nice little DILF decided to give us an extra cup he had. I was trying to get the bird to go over to Maya`s arm, but he wasnt interested. I guess Anna`s bird food had the proper bird crack/food ratio.

Finally we got to the SHARKS! They had more sharks than I had remembered and Anna was very excited till one started coming right at us. She got a bit scared until I had her put her hand on the glass right in front of him and she figured she was safe.

Last, but definitely not least, was their newest exhibit... Shark Petting! I even had to get in on this one... here`s Maya taking a stab at it. At one point I looked up and saw Anna had climbed completely on top of the edge of this tank! Leaning over trying to touch the shark no less. I think I coulda got the "Worst Mother of the Year" Award for that one had I not caught her in time.

BTW... blogger if youre listening.... you need a much better way to upload photos to da blog. TYVM.
 
posted by t at 10:24 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: