"...Baby I'm hungry - I want and I need - Bring me your sugar - And pour it all over me baby...."


Poker tournaments are just one of the attractions on offer at 888.com. Play bingo or slots, or enjoy a spin of a virtual online roulette wheel.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Taking the good with the bad....
I have to admit, the past month or so I have had a great run. So good, I realized I need to start keeping track of things when it comes to poker. My bankroll is at an all time high, even tho I have made some withdrawals for Live poker playing. Back in May of '05 i deposited $50 and yes, I am one of those annoying people that have never re-deposited. Since then my BR has fluttered from anywhere between $320 to $10. This week my BR sits at $500. OK woohoo GREAT. Why do I feel like Im not winning?

1. One of my big goals for myself this month was to get in the 200k guarantee tournament. I have been playing the Tier 1 sngs regularly and winning consistently. But for some reason, when I get in the 200k satellite, i bomb. I dont mean things just go bad, I BOMB. I go out early, play my hands wrong, and just outright dont play good poker.

2. At the same time, the past month, I have been playing some of the best poker I have EVER played. My game, my personal style mixed with knowledge, is on target. This is the ONLY reason my BR is in good shape right now.

So, I suppose I have been frustrated because altho I am playing well and getting results, Im not getting the results I wanted.

Ya, I know boohooo.......

NEXT

Yesterday I had my first losing session in over a month.
1. I fooled around at a Razz cash table with J (TheHugeGuy) -$10 buy in
2. I played at the FTF pre AIOF and wasnt paying attn -$10 buy in
3. I paid AIOF bounty -$5
4. I played after AIOF at FTF table lost two buy ins -$20

The fourth item on the list was the most frustrating. Im not sure what happened, well actually I am sure what happened, I played AWFUL. I lost this money getting RE RAISED by effers and calling... that isnt usually a good idea. And in my case with the 2nd best hands it wasn`t.

Today, I sit at a .10/.25 NLHE table. I start getting beauties of hands, AK three times, AQs, AA and KK. I leave the table DOWN $2.85. Every hand but the KK was folded on the flop. I think this is the first time I have folded AA, which means Im getting better( HA )......

Full Tilt Poker Game #409293859: Table Apple - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:07:36 ET - 2006/01/29

Seat 1: DDPoker24 ($12.60)

Seat 2: Deveney ($31.05)

Seat 3: CPORetired ($3.05)

Seat 4: mikeyb420 ($16.30)

Seat 5: khanwoman ($11.40)

Seat 6: sf49ersy ($8.55)

Seat 7: Mollys Moby ($22)

Seat 8: shnarf ($7.20)

Seat 9: Machen ($5.95)

DDPoker24 posts the small blind of $0.10

Deveney posts the big blind of $0.25

The button is in seat #9

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to khanwoman [As Ac]

CPORetired folds

mikeyb420 calls $0.25

khanwoman raises to $0.85

sf49ersy calls $0.85 <--- caller #1

Mollys Moby folds

shnarf folds

Machen calls $0.85 <--- caller #2

DDPoker24 has 15 seconds left to act

DDPoker24 folds

Deveney folds

mikeyb420 calls $0.60 <--- caller #3 GREAT!!!

*** FLOP *** [Tc Th 9s]

mikeyb420 bets $2.50

khanwoman folds uhh ya I FOLD

sf49ersy folds

Machen calls $2.50

*** TURN *** [Tc Th 9s] [5c]

mikeyb420 checks

Machen checks

*** RIVER *** [Tc Th 9s 5c] [Qh]

mikeyb420 checks

Machen bets $2.60, and is all in

mikeyb420 has 15 seconds left to act

mikeyb420 folds

Uncalled bet of $2.60 returned to Machen

Machen mucks

Machen wins the pot ($8.35)

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $8.75 Rake $0.40

Board: [Tc Th 9s 5c Qh]


Thats how my day went today, but I guess I had my upswing, and its time for some down time now!!



 
posted by t at 11:54 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: